Oil check

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
maryus

Oil check

Post by maryus »

Hmmm guys , how much engine oil your K8, KF engine takes. You have to complete often the oil ? i did an oil change like one month ago, but i completed the oil a little bit once , and now i checked it again and the oil level is quite under the L sign. i know it looks like a drain or burn oil ... What should i do first ? thank you !
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze
tehbrookzorz

Re: Oil check

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Check for leaks, sometimes you may get a leak frtom the drain plug if the seal is bad or the filter may be leaking from the seal. Also valve cover gaskets and oil pan gasket are good possibilities, Top up and check for blue exhaust smoke under load. This would indicate burning of oil. I change my oil every 5,000 km or better.
Cody
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

K series engines take 4.2 qts of oil. If you dont see any oil on the pavement where you park your mx3, I would guess either a leaky rear valve cover. Or another very common problem, you are burning oil due to bad valve seals. On initial cold start, and wot do you see any blue smoke? How many miles are on your K8.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

or check the oil filter cooler thing mine leakes from there.
92 Blaze Red MAZDA Mx3 <GS> ZE, millenia manifold. gutted interior, filled mounts, fidanza fw, act 6puck.
maryus

Post by maryus »

Hello guys, well what can i say , o mean i should start with the beginning ,

My engine is a 2.0 L KF-ZE , as much as i saw labeled on it. here you have a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xobAnlZE1Rk and you can hear a little bit the engine.

Then , i cannot see blue smoke under the hood or at the rear exhaust pipe. Then in the garage i can feel quite a little bit of smoke , i mean i can smell , i dont know how it should feel , but before when i was using 87 octane ( 1 week ago ) i could smell much more smoke in the garage but since i put the 91 octane ( shell v-power ) the smell changed dramatically in something ... "better" anyway its not so bad smoke , the colour ... if i looked far in the corner i could see slight blue but the source of light was some neons , soo. ... if its burning is it difficult to fix it ?? where can i find some information about changing the valves or stuff like that .. thanks i will keep you posted.

PS: i have around 110770 km now .. but really i can have less or more because the engine was changed some time ago.
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”