New to the mx3 world.

Other - General Mazda Discussions

which is better

Mx3 I4 with Bp swap.
13%
Mx3 V6 with klde swap.
80%
Mx3 I4 with mx6 4 cylinder swap (if possible).
7%

Total votes: 15

Wizzy

New to the mx3 world.

Post by Wizzy »

i use to own a 1993 mx6 but traded it for a civic. now i sold the civic and im looking to get an mx3. which is better the I4 or the V6?

I was planning on getting a I4 and doing a protege swap since it redlines at 7500 rpm. thats the bp i think. then later on turbo charge it. Then i got an idea, if you could do a mx6 v6 swap in the v6 mx3 why not a mx6 4 cylinder swap into the mx3? is it possible? or i should just get the v6 mx3 and do a klde swap?(i got emmission in my state other wise i would get a klze). thanks for your help
solo_ryder

Re: New to the mx3 world.

Post by solo_ryder »

Good questions! Its up to you, just cause a motor revs to 7500 doesnt mean its good. I dont see a point of swapping a DOHC motor from a mx6 over to a mx3.. The BP is a easier and better option from what I understand on the 4 bangers. However, it really depends on the person actually when it comes to choosing which platform (KL vs BP). Each has its advantages. The 4 is a easy way to make power if you get a BPT and there is more aftermarket for that motor. On the other hand the v6 mx has better looks (IMO) and slightly different suspension/brake setups.. the K series are also cheap and abundant... The swap is easy... and you cant beat the sound! As for the emissions.. the DE will not do any better then the ZE if not worse, just hook a EGR setup to the ZE and your set.

BTW - Welcome to the club! Get a MX3!!!!
Wizzy

Post by Wizzy »

k thanks. i dont know which to get. i guess the v6 would be better since i could do a klde and turbo charge that. i read some where on here that all i have to do is the vaccum hose set-up just about right and there would be no problem. but thanks anyways.
murdamellz

Post by murdamellz »

I've been kinda stuck between the KLDE and KLZE myself. :roll: I'm not going for the straight neck ZE, trying to keep expenses down, I'm either gonna do a curved neck ZE, or just get the DE. I have no plans of turboing (at least i don't think lol) but the price difference between a DE and ZE from what I Have seen is like 300 bucks usually and if the KLDE is almost as good, it will work for me. I have a 4 cylinder and a 6 cylinder Mx3, I have not actually driven my v6 (around the house doesn't count) becuz i bought it with engine problems, but even with the engine problems, the v6 is awesome (running on 5 cylinders) I loved my 4 banger but its all up to what ur planning to do. Definently stick with a Mx-3 tho. Such a sexy car, I wish there was a mx-3 club local to my area, would keep my motivation going. I'm moving to CANADA!
2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 Deep Water Blue
1979 Chevy C10 Custom
1992 Mazda GS (awaiting engine swap)
1994 Mazda RS (for sale)
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Moving to canada?

Just move to Oregon. It's MX-3's new canada.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Heh, holy old post! I wonder if he moved to Canada? I was around Richmond with my Mx-3 at that time, wonder if we've crossed paths...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “General Mazda”