Cant get this freaking thing to start

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mowambi

Cant get this freaking thing to start

Post by mowambi »

Ok guys, im hoping someone here can tell me what im missing. I was driving my car to rhode island from new hampshire and it started running bad under wide open throttle... So when i got to new hampshire i parked it and let it sit for a little bit. The next morning i went to start, it started up but it sounded bad even at idle (by bad, i mean it sounded glug glug glug hahaha). So i built myself an intake from autozone adapters and my original Mass airflow sensor. It has the EGR plumbed and the other vacuum hose as well to the solenoid. I took the EGR hose off cause of its odd position i had to put weird adapters to make it fit right. I found this yellow creamyish stuff inside that im told is condonsation, well i cleaned it out and rebuilt this hose (1 45 degree elbow and a 90 degree elbow with 3/4 inch hose or whatever the stock size is) then i also thought maybe there was condensation in there and causing a rough idle. As i removed the pcv, it snapped... Of course the car stalled, and from there i replaced the pcv and i broke it upon installation.... (i hate my clumbsy hands) so i went to autozone and bought a new grommet and pcv valve and installed. No luck. All i would get is crank after crank after crank. So i let her sit for a few days while i went back home to get a compression tester to see if maybe its a head gasket or such. Im getting odd results and im doing this from memory.

1 130
2 140
3 160
4 190
5 190
6 140

Now i have a bad valve cover gasket (now i know anyways) and a one of my plugs wires are missing a grommet. So of course my plugs are getting a little bit of oil. One is getting alot but judging by the signs of the plug, its been getting it. So im sure thats throwing my compression a bit higher in the 4 and 5 cylinder. I tried starter fluid on the filter, in the throttle body, i tried jumping the car. I am positively getting spark. I put in heet, and lucas fuel additives, as well as a fresh gallon of gas. I am definately at a loss and its being towed to nh via the godlyness of Tripple A. Any suggestions would definately be helpful.

Thanks
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

dude that comoression is horrible LOL poor engine.. shoiudnt the k8 have like
160 the least and normal 180?

AND FYI lucas oil stabilizer does nothing.. it will cause sludje on the engine oil open the valve cover and you will see.. that killed my friends klze.. time for a swap.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mowambi

Post by mowambi »

I thinkthe compression would be from the oil leaking into the cylinder sealing the rings and resealing etc... im not sure someone explained the overages. 130-140 isnt to too bad... but im starting to agree... I Just want this to start or diagnose to make sure its not an accessory thats screwd up.

I used lucas fuel additve as it doesent have anything nasty in it(kerosene, diesel) its similiar but cheaper alternative to techrom no one can think of anything though... heheh god damn this car was giving me good luck.
mowambi

Post by mowambi »

I dont have the money for a KLZE right now (unemployed) what should i pay for a KLDE and what should i look for.

I am not going to lie, i have went thru these forums like a hawk and even the step by step confuses me sometimes. I know i need the Probinator, and i guess the vane airflow sensor. But is there anything else?

Also what should i pay for one of these?
mowambi

Post by mowambi »

So nobody has any ideas?
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I'd check for codes and proper fuel supply (ie. pump working & filter not clogged). If that spark plug chamber gromet is really bad, it might be leaking vacuum.
Cody
mowambi

Post by mowambi »

yah, but it was like that til i stalled the car when i broke the pcv... Ive been told it could have pulled the final string on my timing belt...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”