No?
20%
Yes, but offer less
20%

Total votes: 5

njdmx5

Im looking to get a mx-3 (NJ)

Post by njdmx5 »

so im looking to get a mx-3 as a daily driver and i found this one locally for 750..i went and checked it out, interior is a lil dirty, the rear self is broken, the drivers side window doesnt work....from what i saw the switch itself is broken, but idk if thats the only thing causing it not to work. exhuast leak and well look at teh pics and you'll see the front end.(its all tight and secure, hood wont fly up or anything)

5spd trans feels good. the clutch releases a lil high, but im used to an ACT stage 2 clutch on my turbo miata so maybe ts just me. motor ran strong, heat/defrosters/pwr mirrors/sunroof/and pretty much everything else i checked was fine.

so my question is, is it worth 750 for just my daily driver?

http://www.autoshopperonline.com/viewfu ... Search=Yes
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

whats up with the hood/front bumper/headlights????? Looks like an accident to me? something is very crooked...

Window is probably easy to fix, interior is easy to clean though it doesnt look too bad, car does have some miles on it...i would try to offer less, but first id see why the front looks so funky...

Mx-3's are great cars if you can do a little bit of work yourself...I learned in just a few months and its been a blast. If this is from a dealer, is there a warranty?
njdmx5

Post by njdmx5 »

no warranty on it, sold as is.....it probably was in an accident it looks like the bumper support is bent, but idk about the hood....should i offer like 600?
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

As about the accident/do a carfax (its worth getting the 1 month subscription if you are looking to buy a car)

Car looks OK but if it seems like it has alot of problems, then it probably does, and the previous owner(s) didnt take care of it. That happened with the MX I bought but Im slowly turning it around. Id recommend an MX that had as few previous owners as possible.
njdmx5

Post by njdmx5 »

i totally agree, but this is the closest and cheapest one lol.....next closest one is in phily and he wants 1200. also no pics yet of that one either
Volones

Post by Volones »

Check out the for sale section. FowlJesse has one for sale in NY for $1,000 OBO. There's a dent on the rear fender, but it looks like it's in much better shape than the one you're looking at. Also, the amount of $$ you'll put into fixing that crunched front end will be more than you'll spend on FJ's car.

Check it out!

GL,
Vol
Current Hypermiler, future EcoModder.
Princess*Precidia

Post by Princess*Precidia »

If you're looking looking into putting some time and effort into the car id go for it.
i bought mine with a broken tranny and a pretty beat up body for 900, was still worth it.

Id offer 500 (i like a bargain) and work my way up there.
Im sure if you put $500 cash in his hand, he'd hand you the keys...

otherwise, goodluck with whatever you decide to do :D

-maya
*Maya
1993 Honda Del Sol Si 1.6 Vtec
1993 Mx-3 RS, Fresh Black Paint, Black Altezzas, K&N Air Filter
1995 Mx-3 RS - RIP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

thats asteal id get it. as long as the engine and transmissoion are good, u good to roll!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mortenmorfar

Re: Im looking to get a mx-3 (NJ)

Post by mortenmorfar »

O.o 750$ ?, here in Denmark a car like that goes for about 9899$ :|, I myself payed 12900$ for my 1997 MX-3 (BP6) with 205.000Km on the clock
njdmx5

Re: Im looking to get a mx-3 (NJ)

Post by njdmx5 »

[quote="mortenmorfar"]O.o 750$ ?, here in Denmark a car like that goes for about 9899$ :|, I myself payed 12900$ for my 1997 MX-3 (BP6) with 205.000Km on the clock[/quote]

no way...is that 12,900 american or 12,900 danish krone?(DKr)?

cause 129,00 Dkr = 2,595 USD....still expensive for that car in that condition but not nearly as bad as I originally thought lol

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”