Hi, I'm new!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MidNight

Hi, I'm new!

Post by MidNight »

Hi everyone!!

Not sure if it belongs to this section.... cant find a newbie section in the forum so I'll just tell my story here.

I drive a mx-5 miata, but winter is here so I decided to get another car.
I've always wanted to try a small car with v6. So i came across and got a 92 mx3 today for only $1000!!! 215k miles on the car but with a rebuild engine less than a year old.. not sure about the mileage on the new engine.

Seems like a good deal, but here are the problem to the car:

1) Car is in driving condition, but not smooth. The previous owner told me that under the hood makes a noise because the spark plug and the hose(?) that connect to the sparkplug is bad, and he said he didn't have money and time to have it fixed, and he was quotted $200-$300 to fix it in a gas station.
I'm a total noob to this stuff so I don't even know what the problem is. But if it's just a matter of $200-$300, then it should be okay.

2) Fuel meter is not working; however, low fuel warning light will come up if it's low on gas

3) Seatbelt light flashes and makes annoying beeping sound, even i have my seatbelt on.

4) VERY messed up interior. Which included torn back seats, broken stroage box, bad CD player, trash, and found some unopened condoms in the glove box. (i hope i won't see any used one under the seats when i clean them tomorrow!)

5) Maybe it's just my problem, but I found it difficult to change lane because blind spots are hard to see. I almost ran into a motocycle on my way home.:shock: (i used to drive a small convertible so i could change lane like a pro)

Yea basically that's it. The main reason for this post is to say hi to everyone, but any solution to my problem would be great! :lol:

2 miatas that I have:
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

haha.. I didn't even read the thread, just saw the pictures and went "a local?!?!?!!".

There are a few local mazda meets ever other week or so. I'll throw you some info later.
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Welcome to the forum.

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

For 1 - It sounds to me that maybe just a basic tune up would fix the engine stuff... (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, etc) Might not be a bad idea...

For 2 - Alot of people on the forums have extra speedo clusters laying around... if you are not worried about the needle not working and as long as the gas light comes on you should be fine. You will get used to how much mileage you will get...(if you run it down that low every time)

For 3 - http://www.mx-3.com/tech/seatbelt-module.php (easy fix)

For 4 - once again alot of peeps on the forum have extra interior parts so post a WTB or go to your local junkyard

For 5 Adjust your side mirrors :roll: if your side mirrors are used correctly you should not be able to see any part of your car in them (maybe just a little in the passenger side) Also it never hurts to do a head check when changing lanes (just good advice in general).

good luck and welcome!
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Mooneggs wrote:Also it never hurts to do a head check when changing lanes (just good advice in general).
That's exactly what I was going to say. If you shoulder check, you won't have any blind spots. Too many people blindly change lanes after only glancing in a side-view mirror.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Volones

Post by Volones »

Try replacing the plugs and plug wires, you might not need a full tune-up kit if only one plug/wire is arcing. Then again, if your car is that dirty, and one plug/wire is arcing, a full tune-up is probably a great idea.

I put two little round convex "blind spot" mirrors at the bottom outside corners of my rear views. My wife doesn't much like them, but I can see everything behind and beside me in them. The small objects do take a little getting used to, but I have no blind spots anymore, period.

Vol

ps. welcome.
Current Hypermiler, future EcoModder.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”