Where did you get your KL-ZE? Did they try to send a kl?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
teribble

Where did you get your KL-ZE? Did they try to send a kl?

Post by teribble »

Not sure if this is the right place for this :oops:
Where did you get you KL-ZE? Did they jurk with you?
Whats your story with getting your ZE?
We need a list of who's good and not!

I made a few phone call's today looking for a ZE and i wish i had recorded them.

one guy told me they don't have head codes on them

I told him everthing i know ( head code's kl-31 101and kl-31 1a1, flat top pistoins, 10-1 comp. different heads, kl31 cams, and no egr) he was shocked! He started questioning me. He didn't seem to happy! He also said the motor come's without an intake because its not smog able and wouldn't fit and when i told him i wanted it he was like it will be more shipping and cost more. Just a bunch of B.S I then asked him what he does with the i/m and he said throw them away!
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

If you check out all the ZE's for sale on EBAY you'll notice that some of them are not ZE's at all...but then it is EBAY. I find that it's totally hit and miss with these companies. Most don't return calls at all. If you want to tak to them you have to catch them when they're in.

If an importer won't send you detailed pics of YOUR engine and the codes on it...run, don't walk.

I've been watching this seller. He often has deals like this which include the tranny and electronics. The engine looks correct and he has almost all positive feedback. I'm hoping to find a deal like this again next spring.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :IT&ih=019
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

ONLY real zes may be the straight neck.

the curved necks are always millenia zes.

because they look exactly like a eunos 800 engine.

When u geet it and if ui install it, do a compression test.
i got mine from jdmengines corp and it was not a real ze.. i think..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I got a question, where can you find a nicely priced KL31 or KL03 ECU?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

at 1850 posts I still can't wrap my mind around some of your questions juan haha..

But why would you want one? Just get a probinator chip...it's better, and cheaper...
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Vanished wrote:at 1850 posts I still can't wrap my mind around some of your questions juan haha..

But why would you want one? Just get a probinator chip...it's better, and cheaper...
Probinators run too rich on fuel. I dont think its going to pass emissions for me. I am going to talk to Probinator and see if he can make me a custom chip or something where it dosent run so much fuel.

By the way, I am going to be running a Straight Neck
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

I think KL31 and 03 ECUs run richer than Probinator.

As far as where to get a ZE, I got mine from Foreign Engines, Inc. It's a local place and so I drove there and looked at the motor before buying, and I could certainly do it again, and take pics and stuff, if you want to get an engine from them.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

My probinator definitely runs richer than my KL36, and I have no reason to believe at this point that there a difference between a KL31 and KL36 ECU. KL03's are meant to be ran with a DE VAF, and it thinkthat combo does run richer than KLZE ECU
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
teribble

Post by teribble »

Whisper wrote:I think KL31 and 03 ECUs run richer than Probinator.

As far as where to get a ZE, I got mine from Foreign Engines, Inc. It's a local place and so I drove there and looked at the motor before buying, and I could certainly do it again, and take pics and stuff, if you want to get an engine from them.
What did you pay for your ze? The one year un miles warranty sound great!
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

$900

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”