HELP!!!! fmu caused it to not rev when boost is on.

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
se7en

HELP!!!! fmu caused it to not rev when boost is on.

Post by se7en »

okay, I needed for fuel, so I install the vortech 12:1 fmu.

I am pretty sure I installed it right.....

I disconnected the fuel line that wasn't attacked to the stock fuel pressure regulator, then I hoked that line up to the bottom bung of the FMU. Then I ran the side bung to the fuel rail..

after that, I ran the vacuum line on the top to the T-fitting in the BOV vacuum line.

that is how the instructions said to do it.

now it won't rev when boost is growing.

but it revs fine under normal driving.

what the heck?!?

what could it be?

did I mention that I have the rear o2 sensor plug off for now because I wrecked it removing it from the stock manifold?

it seemed to run okay though before the FMU.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

It goes inline after the FPR.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
se7en

Post by se7en »

oh. :)

I will try that right now....

thanks for the super fast reponse! :)
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
My Feedback
se7en

Post by se7en »

I just checked, and the FPR has only one fuel hose coming out of it. Is this the return line? or the feed line?

I would feel like a retard if I hooked up the FMU to the inlet instead of the outlet ;)

EDIT: I just did some research on google about FPRs, and I find out that I may have installed it backwards ;)
My Feedback
K8Boosted

Post by K8Boosted »

ya thats ur problem dont feel bad i did it too :)

i was like wtf as soon as the fmu got boost pressure fuel pressure when to zero.. then i realize i better go back and check sure enough
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2433610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mx-3 Kl Turbo (Weekend/show car)
95 talon tsi awd (Daily Driver For Sale 6,000 or Trade for a Mx
1989 Cbr600 (StreetFighter/Stunt Bike)
1967 Winnebago Motor Home (Pimped out Party Bus a friend and I went in halfs on)
1972 gremlin X Turbo Diesel :) , 1999 VR4 Fathers Cars that i end up working on and drving alot
se7en

Post by se7en »

yay. fixed it.
My Feedback
se7en

Post by se7en »

well, I wish that the roads were clear of snow and ice :( It's hard to get boost when there is no load on the engine.

but 7psi and holding for now!

damn, these cars are really fun to drive when boosted!

My Feedback
Volones

Post by Volones »

Hankook iPike 409 tires are what you need now!

I've driven on snow since I could turn an ignition key, and have never felt the need for snow tires. Until I got my MX-3, it's lighter than any other car I've ever owned, and with my Yokohama summer tires, it just won't stop on packed snow. I got some iPikes (set of 4) yesterday, and it acts like there's no snow on the streets at all now. I can stop on packed snow and loose snow almost like it's dry pavement! Obviously it will skid during really hard braking, but duh, it's on snow, not asphalt. I recommend them very highly!

Vol!

Now back to your thread, sorry for the hijack.
Current Hypermiler, future EcoModder.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Glad i could help : P

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

se7en wrote:well, I wish that the roads were clear of snow and ice :( It's hard to get boost when there is no load on the engine.

but 7psi and holding for now!

damn, these cars are really fun to drive when boosted!

VIDEOS

wow 7 psi? NICE
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

WOW... extra nice pimp.....your holding it down at 7 lbs ????

what else do you have upgraded ... injectors... anything else?????
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.

Return to “Forced Induction”