Straight dash
14%
Bubble dash
86%

Total votes: 14

wytbishop

Pre 94' or late model???

Post by wytbishop »

I know a lot of the members have or do own both early and latemodel MX3's. I wonder what your preference is and why.

I have owned 2 late model, bubble dash, cars and am considering picking up an SE. I wonder what people think are the ups and downs of the different interiors.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I own one of each.. 94 RS and a 92 GS and I soooo much prefer my GS heater controls. The push buttons are annoying and dont stick half the time. The sliders work efficiently.

From the aesthetic perspective.. eh.. I think both look good.. the 94 does look a bit more modern. Lots of people like to put gauges where the heater vents are. I think I would find that difficult to read my gauges. I like having my gauges in one spot where I can check them all in rapid succession so that my eyes arent off the road for very long. Seems like with people putting them in the heater vent holes.. I would be hunting for information when I should be paying attention to the road. Just my opinion.. they do look cool there and mount there nicely.

Now from what I understand.. if you live in canuckland there are 94 cars that come with the bubble dash AND slider heater controls.. none of that ghey push button stuff like we have down here. Best of both worlds there some would say..

Anyway.. I like the older style better. Just cleaner looking. Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

The 94 IMO looks awesome, i wanna swap mine out this spring for one.. but the 92 still cuts it and is functional. it dont get much simpler then the 92 dash
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Tunes67 wrote:if you live in canuckland there are 94 cars that come with the bubble dash AND slider heater controls.. none of that ghey push button stuff like we have down here.
My 95RS canuck has sliders =b And I think it looks and functions way better than the older dashes.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I really like the older dash alot better. The new one looks too cheap to me and I hate the round vents.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

definitely 94+ for me. I wanted to get a GS and it had to have the 94 interior, so I let alot of good deals go by until I found the one I really wanted. Something I wanted. My 94 GS precidia has the push button hvac style on it and I've never had a problem.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

lowflyinmx3 wrote:definitely 94+ for me. I wanted to get a GS and it had to have the 94 interior, so I let alot of good deals go by until I found the one I really wanted. Something I wanted. My 94 GS precidia has the push button hvac style on it and I've never had a problem.
Ditto. Looking for a GS. Passing by the pre '94's, even though there's some really good ones. Love the bubble dash, don't like the Candian slider controls, also want airbags.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

My old 95RS had the slider controls and it was fine. My 94GS has push buttons and they're fine too so far. I'm looking at a 93GS SE which is why I ask.

However now the deal is on the rocks as the seller cannot seem to come to an agreement with the dealer of his new ride. We'll see.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

i got 95 rs..love the new style dash but the only thing is the circle vents they never want to stay where i have them aimed they always move when ya hit a bump or something ..other then that love them!
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I like the bubble style dash better... I had one in my 94 gs... I love the curves - it just makes the interior looks so much more sophisticated!

I only like the 92-93 dash because I have euro vents now :D
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

+1 for bubble! Im one of those that use the vents for gauge pods. Works excellent!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
the_anj

Post by the_anj »

i think that the bubble dash makes the car seem like it's more expensive/higher end
'94 GS-DE
jason5151

Post by jason5151 »

94+ the old dash is almost like a 90s honda accord dash, the bubble is a more unique dash i've had both but now you know my preference!
1996 mx-3 black 1.8 v6
pareeann

Post by pareeann »

Mine's a bubble dash..I think it makes the car look sexier :)lol I don't like the fact that the round vents tend to roll out of position sometimes though,it's a pet peeve of mine.
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

i'm not a huge fan of the bubble dash.. i'd be happy with either really
the vents are always falling and not sure if this i sjust with the bubble dash but it sucks ballz at defrosting my side windows
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”