Thinking of buying a gs for parts.. Anybody want anything?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

Thinking of buying a gs for parts.. Anybody want anything?

Post by Franko »

Yeah theres a guy who is selling a rs for 375 bucks. Im buying it for the rear disc swap, power windows, and the gauge cluster. I dont know it anybody wants anything from it. The engine is perfect and I hear that the distributor is quite valueable.

Any interior pieces that people want? Im thinking of stripping it out inside and then the car will be off to the dump since it is rusty. If anybody needs anything let me know. Im still up in the air about it.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I hear that the distributor is quite valueable.
Valuable isnt really the best term. Expensive is a better description. When the V6 disty's die.. most people do the HEI mod cause it is a LOT less expensive than buying a remanufactured distributor. Most people can do a performance HEI ignition system upgrade for under $100. It can even be done on the cheap (with lesser components) for under $50.

Just an FYI so you know what the real value of that Disty is ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

If it has a wrap around spoiler, I want the plugs that cover the screws. I'll email transfer you $10, you can put em in an envelope.

I'm totally serious.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
somorecords

Post by somorecords »

i would love to have the cover over the spare tire hole (at least im assuming theres supposed to be a cover mine doesent have one)
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

wytbishop wrote: If it has a wrap around spoiler, I want the plugs that cover the screws. I'll email transfer you $10, you can put em in an envelope.

I'm totally serious.
DAMN!!! i need those as well. Ill give your $15!! lol jk whytbishop, you can have em. But if anyone else has any, im open for biddin.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Yeah sure! Obviously Im going to have to get this car because of its parts value. Its a good thing you mentioned it because the spoiler is not something Im likely to keep when it goes to the parts place or wherever it goes.

Im gutting the entire car.. I wonder if the gs lip is still on it.. I never checked.. Hmm.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

It's an RS it probably won't have the wrap around spoiler. But if it does I got dibs.

PM me if you have em. I'll transfer money to your email address. Canadian banking is awesome.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Ah, I might need the black plugs that goes over the bolts/screws for the wiper cowls, maybe the plastic thing that goes on the end of the HVAC controls. If you were closer, I'd take the seats and antenna assembly...
lilredrocket

Post by lilredrocket »

seats, steering wheel i'd be interested in.

Pic's would be awesome when you buy it.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Hey Franko,

Where do we stand on this parts car? Are you gettin it?
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”