kelowna meet July 17-21 2008

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

kelowna meet July 17-21 2008

Post by Dali »

hey, just wondering when everyone wants to camp this year and what weekend, bookings are going to be done pretty soon here.
Last edited by Dali on April 28th, 2008, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

We haven't even discussed this yet. We usually plan it out in January. If I had to guess, I would think that June 21st would be best. I little less busy at that time too.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
no brain no pain

Post by no brain no pain »

Hey how are things up in Bills Puddle lol?
I am glad that someone else is as much of a keener as I am!!! I was restraining myself as best I could from making a thread! But I am glad that someone else is as excited as me!!!
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

lol, i know. im sick of winter allready. just want to get it planned ahead of time so we can get a good camp site away from people and out from the bloody sun. looks like the bookings start faily early so tyler and i want to get some spots saved so its not a last minute thing. planning on staying abit longer as well, should have the little boat up and running as well, bring a bbq to.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Bear Creek would be nice. It's a lot closer to Kelowna. I know the twisty road is fun going to Fintry, but that drive just got waaaay too long after a while. I'd be all in for Bear Creek.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

We should all head out to lumby BC this year and camp at mable lake... Lumby is about a hour and abit away from Kelowna, but it is such a nice spot to camp... Maybe have the meet in vernon :P I know a good spot for it in a nice park :)
Mr_Shorty

Re: kelowna meet 2008

Post by Mr_Shorty »

Hey guys and gals,

Monte and I were talking about this years trip the other day and I've thought of a few things I thought would make this years trip a little better for all, especally for the Calgary ppl. I've got the boat handled for this year...it'll be there for the whole time!! We're hoping to bring my BBQ to make the cooking easier as well as a generator (Audry can blow-dry her hair *lol*) for your pwr needs. We also can get wood for all our campsites, wether we bring it from here or get it down there, so we don't have to buy it. As far as the food goes, we thought of bringing a bunch of coolers down from our place, so you guys from far away don't have to crowd your cars with bulky coolers (I've got my truck and boat that I can load all this stuff up in). When we get to wherever we're going, Monte and I can buy the food and we can divy the cost up between all of us. If we make a list of who's comming and for how many days, we can cut the amount of wasted food between the whole group and the cost as well.

These are just a few ideas so tell me what you think.

I'm also willing to try and book the campsite in person, if possible, if we can get a list of ppl that can make a selected date.

Tyler
Elected Dictator

1991 Eunos Presso AWD build starting winter '10
Ruby Mica

1992 Eunos Presso special build starting ???
Ruby Mica

1992 Familia GTR AWD donor car
Black
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

I was just looking into group campsites on bcparks.ca and reservations are open now for Fintry and Mabel Lake campsites. These two sites have reserve sites starting May 16th. Bear creek seems to not have a group site reservation available but we can reserve sites starting May 17th. If you go to this link http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explor ... ernon.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you can click on the red arrow deals by the names and get the info as well.

Tyler
Elected Dictator

Ruby Mica

Ruby Mica

Black
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

I am seeing different dates for reservations. I doubt we will see +40' weather again like last year, and that was probably the worst part of our camping spot. Either way, it would be nice to have some more trees. I guess what I am saying is, Fintry would be fine with me. No matter which campground we go to, we will have to deal with traffic, and aside from the obvious event from last year, it was/is a fun ride.

On this site: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/reserve/group.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It says:
This page was last updated - January 28, 2008
Campground: Fintry
Booking Date: January 1st each year
Contact Number: Ph: 1-250-545-1560
Up to January 1st, send written requests by mail to:
Quality Recreation
1905 - 28th Crescent
Vernon V1T 1V1
or email: quality-recreation@shaw.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Comments: Only written requests are accepted up to January 1st each year. A draw will take place for all written requests. Then phone requests will be accepted. Fintry group site has 3 pods, each pod can accommodate up to 10 parties; also has 2 "shared" picnic shelters.

From what I recall from last year, the group sites were in the open and didn't have any shelter (at least on the west side of the campground. They are doing construction this spring it looks like, so I don't know.

Would you guys be up for the east side of the campground? Looked good to me. I think we can guarantee 15 people, so not sure if we should grab the group site anyway, or just grab a bunch of regular sites. May be cheaper getting the group site if we can have said 15 people there the entire duration of our stay (however long that may be).

Dates?
June 30 - July 4 Earlier, would be way less people, and would probably get to see some fireworks
July 7-11 Would put us a week earlier and there may be less Calgarians due to Stampede (Is that a good thing? I think so).
July 13-18 Is roughly the same week as last year. Guaranteed to be good weather as it coincides with my birthday. Honestly, it has never let me down.

Tyler, that sounds amazing! That is a huge undertaking... I don't know how you can do it, but I for one would be thrilled if we could have a boat, BBQ and firewood. Leave something for the rest of us to do! ;)
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

Darcy's right...but so am I. lol

The Jan. 1st dates are for reserve group sites. The other dates are for single reserve sites...like last year. I was thinking that if we could do a group, I believe that Fintry was a minimum of 16 ppl and max of 36?? (can't rmbr), we could also save $$

Tyler
Elected Dictator

Ruby Mica

Ruby Mica

Black
no brain no pain

Post by no brain no pain »

Wow Tyler that is so nice of you to do all of that!!!!
As for me I will be there doesn’t matter which date my boss knows that I will be taking off sometime this summer so whatever works for everyone else works for me!!!!
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

my vote is for the weekend of the 21st of June. Any other takers???
Elected Dictator

Ruby Mica

Ruby Mica

Black
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

I just found out the days that I can't make it.

June 13th, 14th, and 15th weekend
July 11th, 12th, and 13th weekend
and anytime in or after August...getting married on August 16th
Elected Dictator

Ruby Mica

Ruby Mica

Black
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

well people, whats the date? just so everyone in not booking their time off at the last minute. not too far off now :)
1993 White gs klze.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea I would like to know as well so I can book off some time.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”