bully 6pucks?

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
kab-rst

bully 6pucks?

Post by kab-rst »

i have a deal on a bully 6puck clutch kit, and the guy geve me the flywheel with it, since it rolled 1 month i think i'm gonna buy it.

the bpt is running a custom miata disc clutch kit with a b6 lightened flywheel, and i have to change it while it's stored for winter

what i need to know is , does that clutch will be '' too hard'' on the transmition vs a disc clutch? the disc one was doing fine , and the transmition isint complaining for over 3 years.i'm afraid that a too hard clutch(aka 3-4puck)would explode the diff.since the main purpose of the car is drag , i dont mind too much of the pedal feel

what ure opinion?
96 rs-t mx-3, 12.62@114
u have the Zoom Zoom feeling?
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

whats the bully 6 puck kit from miata , protege mx-3

also could u get a link.

yes it will be hard on ur trans

i been through 3 g-series trans because of the extreme act clutch im using.. all diff failure's grenading on me.. race extreme act pressure plate solid 6 puck disc oem bp flywheel.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
kab-rst

Post by kab-rst »

pics
http://www.mx-3quebec.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=20732

would i be better with an act d--- clutch on extreme presureplate?
96 rs-t mx-3, 12.62@114
u have the Zoom Zoom feeling?
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Return to “Transmissions”