Car wont start

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ElectronBlue

Car wont start

Post by ElectronBlue »

okay this is my problem... like it was running before then i went for an hour.... im just wondering since it is getting really cold... would it effect the injectors at all?? or does anyone else hav e aproblem when there mx3 wont start due to the cold
1992 mx3 gs Klze with Powder coated black Curved neck Manifold. Hot shot performance CAI, ford probe Gt ECU and MAF

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2197073
Vanished

Re: Car wont start

Post by Vanished »

ElectronBlue wrote:okay this is my problem... like it was running before then i went for an hour....
WAT
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Robotaz

Post by Robotaz »

Everyone will ignore you until you at least check if it has spark, fuel, etc., and report back. About your car's looks, it looks really good. Would be sick with some rims. But I have one strong suggestion for you. Spend $10 on a bottle of 3M Clear Plastic Cleaner and Polish and clean your headlights. Not only does it look really good, but your lights will be much brighter. Mine were so bright afterwards that I had to readjust them as people were brighting me to turn the brights off. Peace.
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

okay ... well i put all new plugs and wires 2 weeks ago.. and yes i was currently driving it..... but this problem ujst started to happen now.. so now it wont start which is a major problem.... im just running through new senerios.. .. Als o theres a new starter too... Like the starter engages and it wants to start put just cuts out completely... theres some exhaust someing out from multiple starts.. but i jus tlet it sit now cuz i dotn want to over flood it which may of happened
1992 mx3 gs Klze with Powder coated black Curved neck Manifold. Hot shot performance CAI, ford probe Gt ECU and MAF

ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

btw thanks for the comment on my car hahaha.. it was in ann accident in march so all taht body kit was destroyed.. but im puting it back on again this spring so it will look like it once again

Robotaz

Post by Robotaz »

You need to push the gas pedal to the floor and start it or the gas is going to foul the oil and your new plugs. I just had the same thing happen yesterday. Now I have to change the oil again. Definitely smell your oil for gas. Floored, mine started immediately while badly flooded. Did you read the CEL codes from it?
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

no i didnt read the cel codes .. not sure what it is im kinda teaching my self everything as this happens haha.. but i already tried it and nothing

rccardude04

Post by rccardude04 »

It's your distributor. My psychic telepathic abilities have seen this in the future.
You have not given enough information.
A longer post with the actual symptoms would help. Does it even turn over? Is the fuel pump kicking on? What did your first post even say? You drive it, shut it off, then after an hour it won't restart? Does it restart when warm? Does it have to cool completely?
Maybe a bad clutch pedal switch? (Disables starter until you push in clutch)
-Eric
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

As best I can tell:

No start; engine will turn over. Maintenance has been performed recently, including plugs and wires. Vehicle has run fine since new parts installed but after recent use (approx. 1 hour) vehicle fails to restart. Recent starter does engage but engine will not catch.

Possible causes:

-Poor ignition conditions; poorly gapped or fouled plugs, bad connection at plugs or distributor cap, bad wires, water in distributor cap, bad ignition module, bad crank or cam sensor, bad connection between distributor and vehicle wiring harness, poor connection between vehicle wiring harness and ecu, ecu at fault, insufficient charge in battery, nut behind steering wheel not stable.

-Poor fuel supply conditions; bad fuel system fuse or relay, poor connection in fuel supply circuit, bad fuel pump, clogged or disconnected fuel filter, clogged or disconnected fuel line, clogged or malfunctioning fuel injector(s), improperly functioning O2 sensor(s), exhaust leak affecting O2 readings, improper or bad fuel.

-Vacuum leaksssss.

-PULL ZE CODES JA!?

At least your neutral safety switch is good.
Cody
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hes got the klde ecu, pull codes.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

hey guys sorry i didnt give u enough information .. but thanks for the posibilities i could run through.... but it was the disty.... lucky i found my spare..... lol but i love hearing from you alll so its great theres still alot of MX3s out there... ijus thop to make it to next years meet

rccardude04

Post by rccardude04 »

See, I told you it was the distributor :D
lol.
-Eric
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Me too!
-Cody
Cody
umcamara