Car Chugs/Bogs/Something on acceleration

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
LivinDeadGurl

Car Chugs/Bogs/Something on acceleration

Post by LivinDeadGurl »

Hi all,

Ive read some posts on other peoples acceleration problems, I just have a few extra questions for it.

I have a 1994 MX-3 V6, when you accelerate the car seems to chug, almost like water in the fuel. When you get to lets say 100/kph it runs smooth, but if you have to slow down and then take off again, or just reach your desired speed, the car chugs. I was thinking it could be either, timing belt/chain, spark plugs, wires, or egr valve. Could an o2 sensor do this? Periodically my check engine light comes on, but it doesnt stay on. Anyone have any ideas or heard of this problem? I tried checking the egr valve, but i cant find it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks All.
Peace
LivinDeadGurl
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

My check engine light will do the same thing, when i pull the code its always for an 02 sensor related probelm. But i never have any problems with the way my car is running.

The egr valve is on the back side of the motor. You can trace the hard line from the rear exhaust header to the egr valve up near the rear head. Its a total pain to access.

Your syptoms sound like those of a normal tune up. How old are your spark plugs and wires? Disty cap? Fuel Filter? After checking all those i would than Check for vaccum leaks. If all these are ok than I would start to believe it is timing related.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
LivinDeadGurl

Post by LivinDeadGurl »

Hello,

Thanks for help with the location of the egr valve. The spark plugs/wires/disty are all about 6 months old maybe 9 months old. Im really starting to think its the injectors. Im going to put some injector cleaner into it today. It was idling properly but now its starting to chug on idle...

How do you check the code for the check engine light?

LivinDeadGurl
K8Boosted

Post by K8Boosted »

you could try some carb/fuel injector cleaner somtimes its helps
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2433610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mx-3 Kl Turbo (Weekend/show car)
95 talon tsi awd (Daily Driver For Sale 6,000 or Trade for a Mx
1989 Cbr600 (StreetFighter/Stunt Bike)
1967 Winnebago Motor Home (Pimped out Party Bus a friend and I went in halfs on)
1972 gremlin X Turbo Diesel :) , 1999 VR4 Fathers Cars that i end up working on and drving alot
mx3zoom

me too

Post by mx3zoom »

My car was doing the same thing, it's probably a long shot but who knows, their was a leak in my intake, it caused my car to idle and shake hard at a light, then sometimes it would die if i didn't give it gas, it could also sound like an egr sensor because that's what i thought it was , but it was only the little intake thinggy
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Here is the link to checking codes in an obdI mx3.

http://mx-3.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34787

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”