I can hardly wait...

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
se7en

I can hardly wait...

Post by se7en »

okay, no I got a t3/t4 hybrid ar .63 turbo, my friend bought it for 399.00 and I got it from him for $40!!!! horray, now I got the pipes comin and the turbo, and the BOV, and an 12:1 fmu, I think that I am all set, now I just have to wait for the hot pipes to get here:(

horraY!

anyway, I guess I have to ask a question here ;) so here goes:

what am I missing? I have that feeling that I am missing something to get this boost stuff done.

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

injectors and the wideband... dont be a ricer and not get those please LOL

no narrowband wont work good for turbo.

I got a good aem one.

Injectors you will lean out for sure. I was running the ze injectors on full cycle and i was leaning out. Millenias are good! :D
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
se7en

Post by se7en »

heh, don't worry, I am not a ricer, I am an automotive machinist, and I know what happens when a motor goes lean :) or detonates also :)

anyone here have millenia injectors for sale? ;)

also, tell me more about the wideband o2 sensor, so far, I know that they have a greater voltage range than stock ones, can I plug the wideband right into the a/f meter? what do they cost for a decent one?

thanks

ps, will my stock injectors for for 7psi for now, or do I really have to wait to put any boost on this thing? even 3-5 psi? I think that those widebands cost quite a bit, over 400$ I heard somewhere.

please correct me if I am wrong.

edit: can I just hook up the wideband o2 sensor to a gauge, or do I need some sort of electronics in between?

sorry about the noob questions, but I am new to this turbo stuff, and I am trying to get on the 21st century bandwagon! ;)
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
My Feedback
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

even at 5 psi, you will be leaning out. A narrow band will lie to you and say you are running rich. Its false info and the engine gets really hot due to leaning out...

Some people say all you need is regular injectros and fmu, but its a lie. I have prooven it with my wideband.

you need a wideband gauge and wideband sensor. Wont work if you use a narrowband gauge and wideband sensor.

7psi its a must to retard the timing (megasquirt) and millenias or other better injectors.

Im at 5 psi and my car can be running all day without the engine getting hot compared to when i had the kl injectors.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
se7en

Post by se7en »

I wonder if I will have better luck because I have lower compression... using the k8 instead of the ze....

does anyone know the different compression ratios for the k engines?

thanks

My Feedback
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I think andy has a k8t and its pretty impressive. I say boost that one, get the hang of boosting and alter on get a millenia ze and boost that or a ze. k8s are a dime a dozen heh
-hec

andy

Post by andy »

I started out with the thought to just use the K8 as a learning tool. almost 2 years later and I'm still running the K8 and still learning. I have over 50k miles running with my setup. I'm responsible while at the same time I don't baby it.( except 1st gear).
Without an intercooler 7-8 psi was all I could run without some detonation on Really hot south Florida days.
You should get some regular 2.5L, 220 cc injectors.
Whatever you do to the K8 should easily transfere over to a 2.5L.
compression on the K8 is 9.1:1 KLZE = 10.1:1
If you search on my posts you should be able to find my complete setup.
I have some pictures floating around out there also.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T
se7en

Post by se7en »

thanks for all the tips, I am getting some millenia injectors I think in the next few days from a member here.

geez, ebay sh!t sure takes forever! I am still waiting on my hot pipes.

My Feedback
se7en

Post by se7en »

okay, I got the aem uego a/f wideband kit, and I will have injectors coming after tonight, for my car(at least the de ones, but I really hope for millenias)

I think that I have all I need for now to turbo this thing. megasquirt will come next month when I can afford it. but at least for now I will have the a/f so I will know if I am running lean.

I will also be running an FMU too. I think that I should be okay for about 7-8psi I think.

I probably will have to run 91 gas eh?

does anyone know?
My Feedback
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Yup, I would not run anything less than 91. You are "supposed to" run 2 tanks or premium b4 throwing on the turbo.

Return to “Forced Induction”