Probinator Eprom problems?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
teribble

Probinator Eprom problems?

Post by teribble »

Has anyone had any problems with the probinator chip leaning out your car?

I did my Klze swap about four months ago and after about 4,000 miles it just didn't have the same power. Then about a week later it started running really bad would idel for anything. almost like it was running on 4 or 5 cly. I don't know it running the stock exhaust would hurt it? It was a curved neck. I didn't check the motor out it was under warrenty so i just sent it back( to get the stright neck and put the curved neck on it.). I just don't want anymore problems with the new one. It won't be under warrenty. Wasn't a good idea to send it back without checking it out i know!!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

My probinator runs richer than my KL36...maybe it's not the ECU,doesn't make sence for it to run that bad with it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Probinator here too, and the mixture seems fairly reasonable.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Mine runs fine to me...I have other problems i need to take care of, not probinator related.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Mine runs good, even under boost. it just freaked out at first when i installed the millenias heh maybe your problem is not probinator ecu related..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hharb

Post by hharb »

are you sure you have the right vaf for it? the chip is awesome man, well at least from my experience, i would first check if u got the right setup, then u could always get a k8 ecu and try it out and see if the problem is fixed.
teribble

Post by teribble »

It was great when i first got my Ecu back. Just after a few months it dropped off. I had to work alittle harder to rip tire. Its aslo my daily driver (200 miles round trip 5 days a week).

Would the 100% stock exhaust hurt my (KLZE) motor?

I also didn't drill and tap my fan sen. But it never over heated on me.

I just wish i could of checked it out before i sent the motor back.
hharb

Post by hharb »

have u considered checking the compression?
teribble

Post by teribble »

i did and it was low i think around 160 to like 100
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

How is your fan on if the sensor is not there? is it always on? also that compression is to low..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

100-160? Thats really bad. The KLZE is a high compression engine, you should be getting 200 If I remember correctly. If I were you I'd do that test again to make sure you got the right readings. If it turns out that you did, put a little oil in each the cylinders. If that helps it means the piston rings are probably fried/warn.

At any rate, with the compression that low unfortunately your probably looking at some major engine work. Of course, that doesn't explain why it would be running lean.

Hopefully you just got weird readings.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
teribble

Post by teribble »

ElectricEnergy wrote:100-160? Thats really bad. The KLZE is a high compression engine, you should be getting 200 If I remember correctly. If I were you I'd do that test again to make sure you got the right readings. If it turns out that you did, put a little oil in each the cylinders. If that helps it means the piston rings are probably fried/warn.

At any rate, with the compression that low unfortunately your probably looking at some major engine work. Of course, that doesn't explain why it would be running lean.

Hopefully you just got weird readings.

I just sent that motor back it was still under warrenty. 6 mounths unlimited miles.

I just got the KLZE stright neck and just today i started pulling everything apart. I'm about to start changing out the retainers and spring. After i'm done with the instal the first thing im going to do will be a compression test.
teribble

Post by teribble »

Has anyone on here got their KLZE from a place out of CA called Engine world?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”