Turbo for MX-3?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
David Coleman

Re: Turbo for MX-3?

Post by David Coleman »

Yes.<BR>What engine?
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
MX394RSR_JMCB

Re: Turbo for MX-3?

Post by MX394RSR_JMCB »

I also own an mx3 with a dohc and of course there aren't any mods that will bring you major hp as you might of discovered! However there is one guy in the registry with a bored out(larger pistons)/polished DOHC, i think his name is dominik something, i would be curious to know what his mods did to his car!<P>You have be logic though in what you do, certain mods are just too expensive and maybe sometimes your just better off selling your car..and buying a gs or perhaps maybe an mx6! <P>However a turbo mx3 is not a bad idea...it has been done by several people with good results.....most have done it with a complete engine swap using the 1.8/1.6l turbo- charged engine from the 323 GTX, the car is rare so the engine is also pretty rare but with the internet its quite possible to find one(i've found a few). This engine fits really easily in the engine bay and it also has tons of potential...try 600hp....but 200hp is quite easy and inexpensive to achieve!!!!! If you like your mx3 and want to make it fast, thats the way to go!!! Don't waste your time and money trying to make your 1.6 dohc faster ,adapting and even buying an bolt- on (if there is one) turbo is gonna cost you a fortune!!! Anyhow, hope helped you out! GOOD LUCK
Jean-Michel Basque

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”