Bra Question, and Headlights....

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
czwan

Bra Question, and Headlights....

Post by czwan »

I was just wondering if anyone has any pics of an MX-3 with a bra? I'm trying to figure out how much of the front the bra will cover.

(Sounds like a dumb question, but I've searched the internet and forums, and for some reason can't find a pic. Even on some manufacturer's websites, they sell MX-3 bras, but don't actually show a picture).

My front end got banged up, but not totaled, so I'm thinking about covering it up with a bra. I can't put too much money into this '93 car.

Also, I'm gonna have to replace 1 headlight (got shattered). I've called salvage yards and even they are charging over $100 for a headlight for these old cars.

I really can't be sinking money into this car--I just want to try to get it presentable. Any advice on where to find a less expensive headlight?

Thanks a lot!
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

I have a driver's side headlight. I took the lens off to clean it, but never put it back together because I was able to get a new one. The lens is yours if you pay shipping. You could also have the whole assembly if you want, but one of the mouting tabs is broken off (Not a big deal). Again, the whole assembly is yours if you want it, just pay shipping.

If you know how to remove what's left of your shattered lens, I would recommend just replacing the lens.

Also, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I find that bras are meant for women, and look ridiculous on vehicles. :wink: They almost always ruin the paint on the hood when dirt particles get under it. For the price of a new car bra, you could probably buy a bumper cover from someone on here, or a junkyard.

When I bought my car a few months ago, it had a bra on the front. I immediately took it off, and put it into the garbage receptacle outside where it belonged. Thats just my opinion. :rant2:
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
czwan

Post by czwan »

Hey man, thanks a LOT. That's awesome, I really appreciate it.

Also, I agree on the bra thing. It's not something I want to do. It's just that, at this point, the car's not worth paying to get body repair done. Since it's banged/dented, but not completely misshapen, it's the best quick fix I can think of. The reality is, I need a new car, but have to hang onto this beater for a while...

It's actually the driver's side lamp that got busted, so that's perfect.

I'm disgusted with how nice this car was when I got it, and all the dings + dents it's gotten.

Thanks again--I need to get your mailing info or whatever for the shipping.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

umcamara wrote:
Also, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I find that bras are meant for women, and look ridiculous on vehicles. :wink:
Thanks for insulting me...

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=61707

under the appearance section, it shows the car with the bra on.
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

umcamara wrote:
When I bought my car a few months ago, it had a bra on the front. I immediately took it off, and put it into the garbage receptacle outside where it belonged. Thats just my opinion. :rant2:
Same here, and it left a nasty tan line too :rant2:
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

Oh well... sorry man. It was just MY opinion. It doesn't make it the BE-ALL-END-ALL. I'm sure some of the opinions that you have and voice don't agree with me, and perhaps insult me. I can't please everyone. It was clearly a tongue in cheek comment though, and not meant to insult anyone. :shrug:
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

umcamara wrote:Also, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I find that bras are meant for women, and look ridiculous on vehicles.
I agree 100% - they are pointless on cars and they don't even look that great.

Hey SuperK your Beast looks just fine with a bra - it's probably the only car in the history of the world I would say that about. Probably because the black matches and makes it look just that much more menacing. like those guys that would cut heads off that wore leather masks LOL :twisted:
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

Mooneggs wrote:Hey SuperK your Beast looks just fine with a bra - it's probably the only car in the history of the world I would say that about. Probably because the black matches and makes it look just that much more menacing. like those guys that would cut heads off that wore leather masks LOL :twisted:
I agree. I just took a look at his ride from his link. Probably one of the first cars I've seen where I didn't puke after seeing it with a bra. I think it's the fact that it's black paint with a black bra. Makes it look not gay.
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

umcamara wrote: Makes it look not gay.
Oh thailor, it lookth like we can thill be friendth!
Hood-R Oliver

Post by Hood-R Oliver »

Also, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I find that bras are meant for women, and look ridiculous on vehicles.

I agree 100% - they are pointless on cars and they don't even look that great.

Yeah i think it's nicer without it BUT PLZ NOTICE: i think it's some kind of a fashion in tuning somewhere in central-europe. It's considered as retro or it's some kind off euro-style thing, can't remember read about it...

So i understand it IF you r heading for a style like that but personally i think that euro, retro, oldskool n other styles like that don't really suit the mx-3. :?
Mx-3 enthusiast since 2004.

Return to “Appearance”