Camber Kit

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
!vtec-this!

Camber Kit

Post by !vtec-this! »

where can i find a cheap adjustable camber kit for my mx-3? cause right now i am tearin the s--- out of my slicks and thats not to good.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=77496445
My Car: Mazda MX-3 v6
14.5 @97mph
2.328 60ft....still more room for improvement
Only 165whp
Now boosted & New #'s to come
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

ebay sells camber bolts..if that helps ? lol
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

How low are you? What kind of suspension you got?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
!vtec-this!

Post by !vtec-this! »

i've got stock struts and 4 yr. old intrax spring's that drop it 1.75" its not much of a drop but its ruinin the slicks real fast
14.5 @97mph
Only 165whp
justin22_22

Post by justin22_22 »

your strut mounts up front you can turn them to get some adjustment. Thats what I did. I run ZX2 and intrax with the same drop, but I need camber plates in the rear not enough adjustment.
jaydog5678

Re: Camber Kit

Post by jaydog5678 »

!vtec-this! wrote:where can i find a cheap adjustable camber kit for my mx-3? cause right now i am tearin the s--- out of my slicks and thats not to good.
The Mx-3 does not use a camber kit. You can use different bolts to replace the upper bolt on the strut or you can turn the strut mount 180 deg. Have the car aligned zeroing out the toe in the front and rear, you should be fine.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

A good alignment shop should get it aligned within spec without the bolts.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

mx3autozam wrote:A good alignment shop should get it aligned within spec without the bolts.
no that is not possible by just under the car alignment. It will still have negative camber and you will still go through tires. More than likely you have to pay extra if they have to rotate the top strut mount to adjust the camber :roll:

Please just spend the $30 or so for the camber kit off of ebay. I bought the OBX one. You should recieve 4 bolts. They go in the top bolt spot that connects the strut to the spindle. I have this on both my mx-3's with intrax springs. You can install the camber bolts yourself and save yourself some cash at the alignment shop unless they will install the bolts for free...

I am glad I have an mx-3 and adjusting the camber is so easy! I've helped friends with hondas and those camber kits are so complicated!
!vtec-this!

Post by !vtec-this! »

Mooneggs wrote:
mx3autozam wrote:A good alignment shop should get it aligned within spec without the bolts.
no that is not possible by just under the car alignment. It will still have negative camber and you will still go through tires. More than likely you have to pay extra if they have to rotate the top strut mount to adjust the camber :roll:

Please just spend the $30 or so for the camber kit off of ebay. I bought the OBX one. You should recieve 4 bolts. They go in the top bolt spot that connects the strut to the spindle. I have this on both my mx-3's with intrax springs. You can install the camber bolts yourself and save yourself some cash at the alignment shop unless they will install the bolts for free...

I am glad I have an mx-3 and adjusting the camber is so easy! I've helped friends with hondas and those camber kits are so complicated!
thanks thats the kind of info i was lookin for :)
14.5 @97mph
Only 165whp
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”