WHY ME

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
lowflyinmx3

WHY ME

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

So i just bought me a GS 2 days ago. Yesterday I went to go meet up with my buds and a complete and utter retard blows the stop sign and creams me. almost rips the complete front end off and sends me into a tree with such force it broke my seat brackets and i ended up in the back seat. not even a full day and I've lost it. and to top it off she doesn't have insurance and all i have is liability. I am so @$%^^&%$ off right now. sorry about the rant.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

You may not be screwed call and see if your insurance company has the Uninsured motorist coverage, which covers you if your hit by a person without insurance. if you don't your only recourse is to sue her, but if she didn't have insurance then i'm guessing she probably doesn't have a lot of money to get from her so it might be a lost cause, although there have been cases where the courts will deduct the money from her paychecks weekly until the amount is paid in full

Sorry for your loss though, Personally if it was me, I would find out where she lives and.... lets just leave it at she would be homeless
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

i'll check into that uninsured coverage. thanks i appreciate the help. and i definitely agree about the tracking her down part. thanks. guess i'm looking for another gs now.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

lowflyinmx3 wrote:i'll check into that uninsured coverage. thanks i appreciate the help. and i definitely agree about the tracking her down part. thanks. guess i'm looking for another gs now.
Considering it was a side impact and you bounced into a tree you should be glad you walked off with your health. Also, Mnemonic is right. Even if she doesn't have insurance she is liable, but I'm pretty sure uninsured coverage is mandatory (at least in my state), so your company should cover you.

Still sucks that the car died tho.

G'luck =/
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

mr1in6billion wrote:Considering it was a side impact and you bounced into a tree you should be glad you walked off with your health. Also, Mnemonic is right. Even if she doesn't have insurance she is liable, but I'm pretty sure uninsured coverage is mandatory (at least in my state), so your company should cover you.

Still sucks that the car died tho.

G'luck =/
yea its mandatory in ga as well thats why i mentioned it
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

Vanished

Post by Vanished »

See, here that can't happen unless the person that hits you didn't register their car, it witch case they get owned anyway. See when you get your plates, you get insurance automatically. I love sask.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Did you gget her info, calls cops and get a police report going?

If you didnt, I feel sorry for you.

As for the dumb driver. Hopefully they impound her car
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

You ended up in the BACK SEAT? holy s---. I know how you feel, I was pretty depressed when I got in my accident.

Sounds like you were lucky to get out of that without serious injury though, remember that.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

Yeah I got her information and filed a report and everything. I was lucky to be able to walk away (more like limp lol), but the luckiest thing about the wreck is that I hit the tree. If the tree hadn't been there I would have hit a couple little kids playing in the yard I ended up in. I would have died had that happen. I have a 2 year old myself and I'm scared to death of people driving on my road so I don't let her play in the front yard. It was in a subdivision and she had to be doing at least 60. Here in Ohio all you have to do is sign a piece of paper saying you promise to carry insurance. How dumb is that? I'm going to nail this lady for eveything she's got. thanks you guys.
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

I live in Ohio, too, and I don't remember such a paper. I'm pretty sure that it is law that you must have at least liability insurance.
No more MX-3.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

When i registered my car in columbus, ohio (about 5 years back) - they didnt ask for proof of insurance - all they needed was a title and proof of residence. They also "told" me that i should have atleast liability insurance and i had to sign something to that effect.

Their website still doesnt say anything about proof of insurance. http://www.oplates.com/faq/BrowseFAQ.as ... 322A8DE8F}
http://www.oplates.com/faq/BrowseFAQ.as ... BD5EF285F}
cstott282

Post by cstott282 »

yah see here in NY u have to bring an insurance card for the vehicle you are registering... but htena gain that doesnt stop u from not paying after your first month and having no insurance...
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

ga is all electronic now, they know after the 1st month if you dont have insurance on the car. If you don't a warrant is put out for your arrest. Buddy at work though his insurance was still active was sending his payment but his insurance had dropped him and he just never recieved his notice, ended up getting pulled over and spending a night in jail + having his car impounded

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

lowflyinmx3 wrote:Yeah I got her information and filed a report and everything. I was lucky to be able to walk away (more like limp lol), but the luckiest thing about the wreck is that I hit the tree. If the tree hadn't been there I would have hit a couple little kids playing in the yard I ended up in. I would have died had that happen. I have a 2 year old myself and I'm scared to death of people driving on my road so I don't let her play in the front yard. It was in a subdivision and she had to be doing at least 60. Here in Ohio all you have to do is sign a piece of paper saying you promise to carry insurance. How dumb is that? I'm going to nail this lady for eveything she's got. thanks you guys.
at least you are ok and you didn't hit anybody else... that's the most important thing... sucks you lost the gs... if anybody ever hits me... well let's just say it won't be pretty... for them :wink: :roll:

I lived in Ohio for a year and that state has some of the weirdest insurance stuff... some of the lowest limits in the country!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”