very good bp ????

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
hondaeater!

very good bp ????

Post by hondaeater! »

hey im think of buying a 90-94 bp sohc and swaping the head does anyone kno if there any porblems doin this or is it a clean swap and ill get the g series tranny later please help

thanks guyz!,
Hondaeater!
1992 sohc coming soon bp swap!!!1
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

why.

why would you do that?

Just get a BP and be done with it! Geesh!
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
hondaeater!

Post by hondaeater! »

any more anwser please???
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

his got a point atlantamx3

why use the sohc BP when u can use a dohc BP

and no u can't swap over heads if u have a 1.6 sohc to a 1.8 sohc the head is longer and shyt won't hook up or aline right..

but hey don't take my word for it.. and please don't be smart.. with ur remarks..

what is it ur trying to do just replay and all answer u if ya can or can not..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
RbluE_MX-6

Post by RbluE_MX-6 »

hondaeater! wrote:any more anwser please???
Yes, buy it, try and swap it and find out it doesn't work. Then spend some more on getting an actual DOHC bp.

Then realize that doing the DOHC bp swap is easier in the first place(not to mention a one time dip in your wallet). And we told you so.
88 Mx-6 GT FE-DOHC rebuilt

Too much to list...
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I think hes buying a 1.8 SHOC and wants to swap on a DOHC head onto the SHOC.

from what i understand is that it will not work. something having to do with the timing belt and pullys or something like that. Best bet is to keep is an SOHC, or just try and find a DOHC.
Last edited by Josh on September 1st, 2007, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hondaeater!

Post by hondaeater! »

ok guys yall think im tryin to put a sohc bp head on a b6 block and naw thats notit what im tryin to do is buy a sohc bp then i want kno can i put a dohc bp head on that andwill it work like normal because i can get a dohc head for 40 bucks down here and build it for 200 but i wa wonder if i can get a lil break by buyin the sohc bp and put a dohc head on it
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

hondaeater! wrote:ok guys yall think im tryin to put a sohc bp head on a b6 block and naw thats notit what im tryin to do is buy a sohc bp then i want kno can i put a dohc bp head on that andwill it work like normal because i can get a dohc head for 40 bucks down here and build it for 200 but i wa wonder if i can get a lil break by buyin the sohc bp and put a dohc head on it
I think it would be easier for us to understand what you're trying to say if your . button wasn't broken. While you're buying a new keyboard you also might want to invest in grammar and spelling. They can cost a bit at first, but they save a lot of money in the long run.
cyclonekid78

Post by cyclonekid78 »

This is awesome. Its about time this forum had a couple pricks so as to chase off the retards.

The search tab doesnt give you alot of sh!t, try it.
93 RS BPTurbo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”