new ZE isnt getting spark

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Suresperance

new ZE isnt getting spark

Post by Suresperance »

i just put in a ZE that was running perfect two weeks ago when i pulled it (out of my other MX-3) and now i put it in my car and im not getting spark. i doubt the dizzy would just die like that sitting on my garage floor. so is there a easy way to tell if the dizzy is bad of if i broke some wiring when putting the engine in. or any other ideas why im not getting spark
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I suggest looking into the fuses, look for spark. make sure everything is there. Possibly an unplugged connector.. ecu?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

what fuse would cause me not to get spark? i checked all connectors every thing is hooked up right. i checked for spark and there is none which is why im asking for opinons before i start tearing stuff apart to replace my dist or do external coil. i have a spare dist i could use to see if it is the dist that is bad. my only concern is how do i make sure i dont screw up the timing when i put the new one on or how do i set it once its on?
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Look for a ground that you might have forgotten to reconnect in the engine bay. If not that then try the other disty. Don't worry about timing, just mark the old disty position and place the new disty about the same. If still no spark then go back to the first one so as not to confuse the issue more.
I am assuming that you swapped the ECU from the other car into the new car when you did the ZE swap?...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

every thing is grounded good. but unfortunetly i took the motor out of my old ZE mx-3 so it was running on a K8 comp. so im getting a probinator chip.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”