[WTB] Coolant overflow tank

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
shameem
Supporting Member

[WTB] Coolant overflow tank

Post by shameem »

I am looking for the coolant overflow tank - i am planning to "convert" it into a poor man's oil catch can. Let me know if you have one (or two).
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Dont want to pay $30 (x 2) for unknown quality - coolant tank is designed to be in the engine bay and able to handle those temperatures and hopefully will blend in without being flashy. And it has much greater capacity than those ebay ones.... i seem to need that capacity.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Oil catch can for what? If your engine is blowing that much oil in the pvc then time for a change... Those ebay ones work great. I had one for a while in my k8 and it accumulated quite a bit.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

LOL I don't have the coolant overflow tank but I have 2 front and 2 rear window washer fluid tanks... :roll: :shock:

They seem to be made out of the same plastic... let me know if you are interested... :o
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

hgallegos915 wrote:Oil catch can for what? If your engine is blowing that much oil in the pvc then time for a change... Those ebay ones work great. I had one for a while in my k8 and it accumulated quite a bit.
Its not blowing through the PCV valve - its blowing through the other hose that connects to the intake - it literally pumps oil through there under heavy acceleration. My air filter is dripping with oil. I dont have the time or money to open up the engine and see whats up - so maybe an oil catch can would be best.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Mooneggs wrote:LOL I don't have the coolant overflow tank but I have 2 front and 2 rear window washer fluid tanks... :roll: :shock:

They seem to be made out of the same plastic... let me know if you are interested... :o
If nobody else comes through i will take you up on that - those washer fluid tanks are huge - i probably would have a hard time "installing" it in the bay....
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

not the rear ones... :lol: and they even come with the pumps!

danmyers686

Post by danmyers686 »

Ive got one make an offer + shipping.
Im a potential scammer, do not sell me anything as I owe others $$

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”