Wondering about SRD lower tie bar

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
seboroth

Wondering about SRD lower tie bar

Post by seboroth »

Hey guys, I was wondering If the nuts on the upper ttl arm bolts looked like this with the SRD lower tie bar on. I'm just wondering if its safe and not to worry about it. I torqued my down to about 90 ft. lbs. and may put some mild thread locker on it just to settle my worries.

lstpier
Supporting Member

Post by lstpier »

Just don't install the thick washer. Nut will then be fully threaded in. Nut surface area on rod end is big enough to skip the washer.
seboroth

Post by seboroth »

hey thanks, I never thought about that.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

hey i see alot of new parts under your car. Are thsoe the amazdaspeed rear arm kit?
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Ive used stock ones and they were fine, those are a bit rusty, Id sandblast them before I put them back on
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
seboroth

Post by seboroth »

Yeah, I've got the mazda speed trailing arm and lateral link set and instead of replacing just the bushings on the adjustable lateral link, I bit the bullet and bought brand new ones from mazda. Plus tokico struts and eibach springs, mazdaspeed strut mounts, corksport tower bars, v6 sway bar and the disk brake conversion. there is a lot more I did to the suspension on the car and brakes. Lets just say I spent to much and haven't driven the car in 2 years. I’ll get more pics if you guys want to see when I get the cold air intake couplings replaced.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

seboroth wrote:Yeah, I've got the mazda speed trailing arm and lateral link set and instead of replacing just the bushings on the adjustable lateral link, I bit the bullet and bought brand new ones from mazda. Plus tokico struts and eibach springs, mazdaspeed strut mounts, corksport tower bars, v6 sway bar and the disk brake conversion. there is a lot more I did to the suspension on the car and brakes. Lets just say I spent to much and haven't driven the car in 2 years. I’ll get more pics if you guys want to see when I get the cold air intake couplings replaced.
nice..Is it alot more solid now? how does it drive with all teh new trailing rams and stuff.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
seboroth

Post by seboroth »

I'll let you guys know later this month, I still haven't taken it off the jacks yet. I've got a couple things to finish on it then i'll be done till new motor.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”