Kirk95gs - 1995 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Kirk95gs - 1995 GS

Post by Kirk95gs »

well I started off with a stock 95 gs with all power opt.. This car was a lease vechile from a lady in Dartmouth NS. When I picked it up it had 95,000kms on it, and a broken driveside mirror.. other then that.. nothing..

First thing first was the intake and headers that I bought from Import street performance online for around 600cdn total.. in 2001.
Last edited by Kirk95gs on March 9th, 2008, 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Then I moved to alberta and did nothing to the car while it sat at my parents house in Nova Scotia..

When I came back I decided to upgrade the suspension... zx2 s/r struts with H&R springs...

I installed this in the winter of 2006... took me about 2 days .. was my first time working on suspension... thank god for this site and the manual... it was fun doing it...

Befor

After
Last edited by Kirk95gs on October 10th, 2007, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

read the sticky and fix the title.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Well I always wanted remote locks/trunk and auto windows... So I decided to do it my way.. bought a actuator and couple modules off ebay and went for it.... install took me the weekend.. tracking down wire I needed and taking the interior apart and installing it all again... the cost was about 75$ total.. that was for a inexpensive remote system + actuator and wires.. and 2 relays.. Im a hot tub tech by trade so the wireing went good.. had a little trouble mounting the button but it came out nice when I was done..

Here are a couple pic's..

Module

The yellow button is the trunk pop,.. and one actuator for the trunk release.

Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Well after that I smashed the lip off the front after hitting a racoon, So I decided to modify my own bumper... here is a couple pic's of the steps I did.. might not be the "Right way" but it worked...

Well First off I riped out the center divider
Then next I started fiberglassing the lip back on the bottom. and while I was at it I decided to fill in the side markers.. Then a little body putty to help smooth out the lines...
Then some paint.. came out ok I think.. looked good to me..

Then I hit another racoon and wrote the front clip off ... haha all that time and work.. then 3 weeks later I smash it again.. haha.. oh well. time for a new bumper...
Last edited by Kirk95gs on October 10th, 2007, 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Then new bumper and sides that I got for a good deal...

Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

After years and years of wanting a ze.. I finaly got one.. or did I???

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph ... t=klze+56k

check out this tread on the motor id.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph ... t=klze+56k

I pulled the valve covers and plaing to get them powerder coated. this winter (2007) I will be putting the motor on the stand and cleaning it up and installing....I have had the motor for 4 months and it kills me that I can get more time to work on it and the car.. I have a bunch of down time this winter so I will be getting some serious work done..
Last edited by Kirk95gs on November 7th, 2007, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

i like what you did with the stock bumper! to bad you hit that raccoon it was looking good, MS works to tho
Orange 95' BPT GT28r, MSII on the way
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Thanks. this winter i'll get the new ms bumper on... and in going to see if I can repair the old stock bumper back to what it was... going to use stronger fiber glass resin that we use to patch hot tubs at work... wont cost me anything if it doesnt work..
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Started cleaning up the t/b and f/r.........

befor

after
Last edited by Kirk95gs on November 6th, 2007, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Racoons suck, that is how i lost the lip on my gs. Guess its the price you pay when you lower your car. Keep up the good work.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

Kirk95gs wrote:Then new bumper and sides that I got for a good deal...
Where did you end up buying them from?, i live in Canada to and the prices to ship over the boarder is outrageous... i want the MS front clip and the side skirts to :P

And, How did you get those parts so clean? what did you use haha, i tried to clean some of my parts before the swap and it just didn't work.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

haha well you can get the bumper and skirts from http://www.evilyeti.com just have to e-mail Neil and tell him what you want.. he's in manitoba... or you can go with http://www.pakfeifertuning.com they are in toronto I do belive...

for cleaning parts I went to walmart and got couple packs of cheap toothbrushers, couple packs of heave scrub pads and some of that orange hand cleaner.... scrubed for a while brushed for a while and cleaned off witha wet rag and some soapy water...

might not be the fastest way or the proper way... but it worked for me...
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I had never really paid attention to what you did to the front bumper by modifying it. That's cool it turned out like a OEM euro bumper without the fog lights... nice job on that! one of a kind!

Nice choice on the mazdaspeed stuff. It's going to really make the car look good! I think those skirts are the best available....
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Yeah I was please with it... but like I said.. was only a couple weeks back on the car and I hit another racoon.... grrr.. I'm going to try and fix it back up this winter.. the gs lip cracked again... so i'm going to try some stronger resin this time...

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”