Steel Brake lines,, Need help !!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
SnoSurferr

Steel Brake lines,, Need help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by SnoSurferr »

Ok so my mx-3 rs has been sitting for like 3 years,, I had everything that was wrong with it fixed.I started it up ready to go.. NO BRAKES..... I hole has some how rusted through the brake line that runs under the car.. Ive called everywhere, no one has those lines and have no access to them.. What should I do ?????????????????? thought about splicing it,, but i don't think that wouldn't pass inspection :cry: :?:
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

replace it with the one from donor car or one from junkyard
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

You just make them from scratch or get a pre-made line the right length and just bend it yourself
SnoSurferr

Post by SnoSurferr »

I thought about that and tried to get the old one off.. PAIN IN THE A$$... Has anyone ever had this done at a shop is so how much ?
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I agree with Yoda, go to autozone and buy some hard line for extremely cheap. Rent a tool to bend the line and rent a flaring tool to make sure you have the right fittings. Doing it this way will only cost you 20 bucks. Maximum once you return your tools.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If you make them yourself, pay attention that you keep the pipe close to the car and that it hooks back into all the plastic holders so that it is not vibrating or rubbing anything, and also that it is not hanging down so that it can be caught by road debris.
Make sure the flaring tool that you buy or rent is a double flaring tool.
There are two types of threaded ends for the lines. I cannot remember the two names or which type the MX uses, but maybe Yoda or someone remembers.
Lastly, practice flaring with some short pieces. If you bugger it up you have to start over. If you use a line with a messed up flare it will not seal and you'll leak fluid and not have any brakes (just like you have now).
It is not hard, but an attention to detail is important. Also, from what I've seen the MX uses loops in the drivers side brake line in order to make the line the same legnth as the passanger side. This is important so that when you press the pedal the fluid reaches the calipers at about the same time. Otherwise one caliper is going to grab just before the other and the car will "pull" to one side just a tad until the other caliper starts grabbing. Probably not dangerous, but will be annoying.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Patdiesel hit the point perfectly.

I would suggest redoing all the liens not just the ones that are bad. If one is broken the others are soon to come. Also maybe considering new flex lines. Get the stainless steel ones. Well worth it man.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”