rotors and pads

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Sal

rotors and pads

Post by Sal »

hey guys. jus wanted to know whether if i would be able to get bigger rotors and have them fit my calipers no problem.....also i am getting the crackling noise as im braking slowly like when coming to a stop on a traffic light. once i push down on the brake to stop hard the noise isnt there. i think it could be my calipers but i really need a brake job rotors and pads and i wanna get perforamnce ones. so my question is what could be making that noise and will bigger rotors fit on stock calipers.

thanx in advance!!
93 ZE curve neck, kl36 ecu, apex lowring springs tokico struts front and rear upper strut bars and a CAI.. still building!!
Sal

Post by Sal »

lol...not one comment or suggestion!!!!
93 ZE curve neck, kl36 ecu, apex lowring springs tokico struts front and rear upper strut bars and a CAI.. still building!!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Larger rotors will not fit. After you've done the brake job let us know if the noise persists. Take a good look at the calipers while you have them off to make sure they are not messed or leaking.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Sal.

I think the best brake system is KVR rotors and KVR Carbon fiber pads and Goodridge stainless brake lines. Maybe new calipers if there not in best shape. Remanufactured ones are about $60 at Candian tire and part Source. Also remeber to lube up the slider pins when you put them all back together. And check wheel bearings and all that stuff.

Just ask Ian for help with this one. He will probably recomend Brembo But in my opinion KVR will be better. Its up to you though man. KVR is also out of ottawa and you vcan get anythinhg thru Performance Improvements. theres one in Toronto on the Queensway and i believe theres one in scarborough. thats probably closer for you.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

mx3autozam wrote:Sal.

I think the best brake system is KVR rotors and KVR Carbon fiber pads and Goodridge stainless brake lines. Maybe new calipers if there not in best shape. Remanufactured ones are about $60 at Candian tire and part Source. Also remeber to lube up the slider pins when you put them all back together. And check wheel bearings and all that stuff.

Just ask Ian for help with this one. He will probably recomend Brembo But in my opinion KVR will be better. Its up to you though man. KVR is also out of ottawa and you vcan get anythinhg thru Performance Improvements. theres one in Toronto on the Queensway and i believe theres one in scarborough. thats probably closer for you.
The best braking depends on what type of usage you want out of the braking system. For me anyways, If you have a semi-street/ race car, then you want very aggressive pads with cheap rotors. It does me no good to have over 300hp and not be able to stop like I can accelerate. Very aggressive would be Hawk HP+'s, Hawk blues, or even Porterfield's full race compound- R4's. These pads will wear the crap out of your rotors, so I chose cheap, stock blanks.
Sal

Post by Sal »

thanx for the replies guys...im just going get some good performance ones i dont know which kind though i have to look into it more. i dont have 300hp i dont need a heavy duty break job, even though i wish i did...lol but yeah im gonna replace everything and once i do ill post back and let u kow how it went....

cheers,
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

jaydog5678 wrote:

The best braking depends on what type of usage you want out of the braking system. For me anyways, If you have a semi-street/ race car, then you want very aggressive pads with cheap rotors. It does me no good to have over 300hp and not be able to stop like I can accelerate. Very aggressive would be Hawk HP+'s, Hawk blues, or even Porterfield's full race compound- R4's. These pads will wear the crap out of your rotors, so I chose cheap, stock blanks.
ya i know brakes depends on your driving and what the car is used for. I made that post for him and his driving style. He drives mostly on the street and wants the car to stop pretty good. Therefor in my opinion thats the best setup he will fun.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Yeah, I figured it would be more street oriented. :)

Even for street, my opinion would still be cheap plain rotors. I like Brembos even for the street, because they aren't warped when you put them on out of the box. Some very cheap rotors have the problem of being warped brand new! As for a good street pad, the Hawk HPS pads are a decent choice.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

if anything at least go with axis pbr hawk hp's or better yet axis ultimates or hawk hp+. you can modify rear bg protege lx pads to fit the mx3 rear calipers

kvr brake pads are a joke.
Sal

Post by Sal »

wats goin on guys...i just purchased some EBC slotted and half drilled rotors along with pads as well......i heard they were pretty good and didnt cost me whole lot. i got some good feed back on them.....im just stomped with my rear breaks EBC dont make'em for the rear, so im just go with some decent ones, cuz in my opinion they're hardly used unless the hand break is applied...so yeah i bought those and im also buying new calipers....

thanx for the feed back guys...
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Steeb wrote:kvr brake pads are a joke.

who says that?
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Steeb, you should do a write-up on modifying pads to work with the MX-3 rear calipers and sticky it. That would be VERY useful for people replacing or upgrading their brakes.
Cody

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”