body kit mesh

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
guino

body kit mesh

Post by guino »

whats up i just finished putting ona drift body kit on my ,mx3 and u can see the rad and everything throu the mesh on the front bumper it looks ugly does anyone have a solution to this ? and any sugjestions on a coulour
what it deww
Red Rocket

Post by Red Rocket »

put an intercooler in there
[*url=http:cardomain.com/ride/2632839]My Cardomain Page[/url*]
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

you got any pics so we can see? :shock:
guino

Post by guino »

no no pics but just imagin whats under the bumper is now showing throu mesh is thr something i can put thr to hide it or something
what it deww
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

What if you painted it black or the same colour as your car? You could put some metal bars in the middle. One guy on these boards with a gold mx3 with a custom drift kit did it (I can't remember his name though right now, I'm exhausted).
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Most kits use a mesh that is acutally for applying stucco to things. You can buy it in 8x10 sheets from Home Depot near the rest of the stucco stuff. Paint it if you want, but I doubt the paint stays for long. Getting the mesh to stay in the hole is a trick too. If you screw it in and something hits the mesh while going down the freeway it is going to tear out and tear up the bumper too. If you glue it in (and I've used a multitude of different types of 2 part (read expensive) glues) the glue will usually not hold it in well either. Maybe some other members have some more guidance, but that is my .02. Ask a body shop to install it once you have it cut and the edges bent around the mouth's lip. They will likely have some trick that will help it stay in. I couln't find a shop around Atl. that had a good solution.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

You can also used expanded aluminum. 1/2-9R seems to be nice, or 1/4 if you could find it.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

Return to “Appearance”