External seals coming away - need fix.

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
petekav

External seals coming away - need fix.

Post by petekav »

Guys, I have three seals which are coming away from the car - I guess the adhesive has got too old!
1. The rain gutter, on the RHS of the roof, has become disconnected at the back. (~6")
2. The rubber seal around the rear tailgate glass is coming away from the tailgate, down towards the spoiler on the LHS. (~6")
3. The rubber seal below the (incredibly small!) rear window (under the spoiler) is coming away from the tailgate. (~4")

My question is how do I re-stick these three problem areas in a way that won't ruin the car and mean, if I did have to get glass replaced etc. in the future, that I would not have caused myself major problems.

Thanks

Pete.
Stock '93 V6.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The seal is usually too dry and unflexable to be reglued to their spots on hte body. However, you can try some window caulk for automobiles. It can be found at most any parts store. You need to hold the seal inplace the entire time the caulk is drying. Tape or a heavy object might hold it down, but for the best result you need to make sure it stays in place until the glue is absolutely dry. This also means no driving the car until the glue is dry. So read the cure time and plan appropriately.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
petekav

Post by petekav »

Thanks Pat. Does your advice apply to the rain gutter, the window seals, or all three?

Pete.
Stock '93 V6.
mazdamx3_89

Post by mazdamx3_89 »

I personaly have used it and i works great, im sure you can use it on all 3
Eric Harcourt
Mazda Mx 3 [ gangsta ]

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”