Engine swaps (please read)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
steckino

Engine swaps (please read)

Post by steckino »

Alright I'm a first time driver... but I love this car, but I do notice with my little 88 hp motor that my first gear basically only brings the speed up to 20 mph... lol (tried to see how well my car did today) but yeah a 1.6 SOHC L4 motor is alright, but I am wondering if I can find a motor that is better but not a v6 seeming I don't want to pay for gas more then 3 times a week. Can someone show me a list of Engines that are swappable, and prices seeming I can't seem to find specs on google (I hate how off topic that search engine gets) I realize that people can tell I do not have intellect in this subject, so please bare with me and please help me. I did read about a KL-ZE motor but I checked the price on that lovely thing and that's way out of my reach.

-thanks...
1992 Mazda MX3 I4
1995 Mazda MX3 B6D (parts car)
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: Engine swaps (please read)

Post by monty73741 »

check the FAQ in I4's
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

its called a bp motor out of a 90-94 mazda protege just get the Bp , wiring harness and ecu. the trans and clutch and flywheel will bolt up to the bp. and is a pretty much a plug and play swap. all the protege stuff just swap it in and plug it up turn it on. u got a 93 mx-3 with a bp.

good on gas and a hell of a lot faster then just 88hp.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
cyclonekid78

Post by cyclonekid78 »

BP-T ftw. Check out my cardomain you will see what it looks like.
93 RS BPTurbo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

cyclonekid78 wrote:BP-T ftw. Check out my cardomain you will see what it looks like.
your car is sweet man 8)
steckino

Post by steckino »

Nice car! I plan on doing a lot to mine. How much did the motor cost you?

Oh and I found this on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-91-MA ... dZViewItem

Correct? but the ECU and wiring :( ... Junk Yard? or would that be too worn out ?

Shippings would be too much of a hassle... although I don't dare to check out a motor from a salvage yard yikes! :shock:
1992 Mazda MX3 I4
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

You would use your existing wiring harness, since your car's a '92. Ecu's can sometimes be found on ebay.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
steckino

Post by steckino »

alright well that'll be in the future. Because I have to get a paint job (my white paint is chipping off) but before I get a paint job I'll need to buy a new front bumper and the side flares and the rear mud guards.

Winters coming and I do not want my car to rust up. I'll also need a new under coating, yaaaaay.... So yeah I have some work ahead of me...

I just put some rims on today, they look nice... not sure about the tire size though... haha, I'll get a picture of it sometime.
1992 Mazda MX3 I4

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”