Help now please???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Help now please???

Post by Mnemonic »

To continue with my other thread...

I am not getting Spark or Fuel...

I've tested the fuel relay, checks out, i tested the fuel pump checks out. I replaced and tested the HEI, Coil, coil wire, Cap, and rotor, still not getting any spark. i'm getting power to the coil, just not getting any spark from the coil.

I've been reading up on similar issues that other people have had but with other cars, a common issue i am seeing is when the ASD relay (auto shut down) goes out this can cause a problem with no fuel and no spark. But i've never herd of this relay when it comes to the mx3. do we even have one?
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

If you have a k8 ecu lying around - you can try with that - you might get some codes atleast....
cyclonekid78

Post by cyclonekid78 »

Might be a bad ECU. Sure sounds like it. CHeck your igniter too, if nothing there it could be ecu.
93 RS BPTurbo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

No codes from ECU? Check main fuses (with a magnifier lens :roll: )
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Well after checking every single thing except one, Tunes finally figured out the answer to my problem, between me bouncing off the phone with Custommx3, CCreech, Jaydog, and of course Tunes, We finally figured it out, funny how a $2.25 cent part can cause so much hassle, wasn't a fuse at all, everything was hooked up right. I had checked the ecu by swapping in both KF and k8 and klze ecus couldnt even pull code, so that instantly told me Ok no ecu, so there is only a few things that will eliminate the ECU, Fuel, and Spark all at the same time, The Main Relay, mislabeled by mazda as MAIN INJ which i was thinking Main Injector relay, but Mr tunes figured it out. how might you ask by using this wonderful thing called the online manual, and eliminating the other things that i had already taken care of. I seriously cant thank him enough that and Custommx3 who has been having to take care of his family all week due to illnesses, they were both there willing to help in anyway they could taking away from there free time and there family, and i thank them for that, really do appreciate all you guys help :)

now if only i had figured it out 3 days ago i wouldn't be a nice reddish color hahahaha
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Glad we got it figured out for you man :2thumbsup:

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Mnemonic wrote:now if only i had figured it out 3 days ago i wouldn't be a nice reddish color hahahaha
Don't feel too bad... my car was down for a week before because of one of those fuses :roll: :oops: that I didn't check with a magnifying glass :lol:
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Your welcome Brian, glad I could help. Maybe this week will be better for the both of us :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”