Paranoid

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Timmie_g

Paranoid

Post by Timmie_g »

Hey guys,

No matter what the outcome its really not an issue now cause the engine is in and running, but im still paranoid that i got ripped off when i bought my"ZE"

It has a curved neck with square runners and square ports but the head codes are KL 101 and KL 1A1 with KL 01 cams. The manifold had lots of japanese writing on it and also said EUNOS 800 directly on the manifold. There was no EGR on this engine, it had eliminator plates installed where the EGR would normally be but at the same time anyone can put a plate over a hole.

Through searching about this topic i become more and more discouraged because the bulk of the information i find tells me this is not a ZE but there are a few posts saying that it still is a true ZE. I have not removed the heads to look at the pistons and i cant tell if they are dished from looking in the spark plug holes.

I bought it from a pretty reputable shop here in town so id like to think they wouldnt jerk me around but then again they are running a business.

If anyone has any more information that could help me then please let me know.
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

sorry to say but as far as i know u got screwed...
The Millenia ZE from my knowledge has KL31 heads with KL01 cams and DE valve springs and Retainers(intake valve springs are the same size as the Exhaust instead of the Intake valves being bigger than the exhaust)

thus this means u got a DE with a millenia IM...
Id go talk to them about it... cause KL101 heads arent nearly as performance friendly as the KL31 heads, as far as i know...
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

This post is useless without pics. Post some so that we can see what you are looking at.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah it seems like a millenia ze :*( the head codes say it all. Doesnt mean its not a good engine... still you did not get what you wanted..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

K well here are the best i could do for now as its cark outside and the engine is in the car. im going to pull the manifold off tomorrow to check the ports on the head again but as you can see from the pics its got square runners, everything has been painted now so you wont see any of the japanese writing i was talking about, but like i said KL 101/1A1 heads KL 01 cams KL 68 tb curved neck ZE manifold

Image[/img]
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

well if indeed it is a millenia ZE then when i pull the manifold off tomorrow what will i see and im going to do a compression test as well to see what numbers i pull from it.

im not sure what im gonna do i paid 1100 cdn for the engie after shipping and taxes and if indeed it is a ZE then i dont really have a case ill go back to the shop regardless casue the engine is in much better condition now than when i picked it up from them but still id like to get what i wanted as you said.

i was under the impression he was getting me a straight neck but becasue of the difficulty of putting a straight neck in a mx 3 he ordered a curved neck specifically. i beleive him cause he seems like a good guy but i had already had arrangements to swap manifolds with a PGT guy. He wasnt aware of that, he was just trying to make my life easier... thats his story anyway
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

that list says nothing almost everything checks out with the american millenia engine but my head codes are different and for it to be the austrailian engine id need to have d shaped ports where as mine are square
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

its a ZE i warmed it up and did a compression test, the lowest number i got was 207 psi

so theres no way a DE is putting out that for compression
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Timmie_g wrote:its a ZE i warmed it up and did a compression test, the lowest number i got was 207 psi

so theres no way a DE is putting out that for compression
sure a de can put out thsoe numbers.

talk to solo_ryder I belive his engine is just like yours square ports but heads are kl01 1a1
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

actually the millenia de , i believe can pull off those compression numbers.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Hey there,

I ran into the same prob. Just got my motor a month ago... same story... I do belive we have a newer ze, 2001+ that came with kl101 1a1 heads.... talk to solo... he helped me out alot...

http://www.lowmotion.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=122286

There is some pictures of my motot.. it is the exact same as solo's..... and by the sounds of it.. yours....

let me know what you come up with
blackops032
BANNED Member

Post by blackops032 »

i think you got ripped off by the sounds of it

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”