Headers

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Matt

Headers

Post by Matt »

Will I have to move the motor to install headers. I got some headers off a buddy who got em off ebay, downpipe included just wondering If I will have to lift the motor at all to get to them. KLZE btw.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

No but it did take me like 2 hrs to fit them properly and had alot of scratches in my hand.. and still had leaks..

Now when engine is out. It took le like 10 minutes to install and no scracthes and no leaks..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Like hgallegos said. Much easier when out of the car. But doable while in the car.
Blaze Red '92 K8 Mx-3 GS. Never got around to a ZE swap. SOLD
1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. Don't worry i'll come back around to the Mazda world.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Thanks guys, I was also wondering about my clutch. The pedal is tilted on an angle towards the center console. the pin looks fine as well as the busing on the pedal. Wat else could it be? Throw out bearing?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The TO bearing is between the trans and engine, not connected to your pedal. IT sounds like the pedal or the bar are bent. You could try and bend it back by hand, but the pedal rods are pretty stiff and you don't want to mess anything up if the wrong part of the pedal assembly bends.

On a note, but not related to your problem-
It is a common thing for people who race to bend the gas pedal tword the brake pedal to make heel/toe shifting easier. The stock pedals are usually too far away to work both pedals with one foot. For more info on heel/toe shifting do a search on Streetfire.net or Youtube and you should find a video of someone heel/toeing.
I heel toe shift all the time on the track as it is Much better for your engine and transmision when down shifting and going up to 6-7000 rpms. However, I have to really use my heel and toe where some prefer to use the inside and outside edge of their right foot. That is when the brake and gas need to be close together. As long as you can rotate your right foot counter clockwise enough you can usually heel/toe without bending any of the pedals.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Matt

Post by Matt »

Thanks pat, ya the clutch pedal is bent i can see where it was bent. I havnt had the car running to see if thats wat he did. But i dont like it already lol. we will see if thats all it is i will suck it up for a bit until i can get a new pedal assembly. I am thinking for the headers though im just gonna take it to a shop. suck it up lol. I need this thing on the road.

Thanks guys

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”