Whitch clutch to go with

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
N2daizo123

Whitch clutch to go with

Post by N2daizo123 »

Im trying to choose a clutch from fidanza but i dont want one too aggressive for the transmission (heard bad things about them).
heres the descriptions:
2.1 Performance Clutch
Combine carbon and Kevlar, give them a steel backing and you have the most durable and longest lasting street clutch available. We’ve engineered our torsion damper and marcel cushion to engage smoothly yet quickly. Perfect for the daily drivers. We recommend this disc to those who drive their vehicle every day, in all conditions.

3.2 Performance Clutch
Like our lightweight flywheels we choose to use the very best in materials. That’s why we designed our Three Point Two with the Kevlar buttons. With 100% Kevlar friction you get more grip and more life than the Two Point One. However, since it has no marcel (cushion) this disc sacrifices a little bit of its smooth engagement. Still, this disc can be installed on a daily driver. Just behave and be patient during it’s 500 mile break-in period. Once that’s over you can be as nasty as you want.

4.3 Performance Clutch
This is one mean clutch. Your footwork better be good, it’s no walk in the park. Just because it has a torsion damper like the Three Point Two doesn’t mean it drives like it. Those are ceramic buttons attached to that puck. They provide quite a grip upon engagement. That means power is planted straight to the pavement. Don’t be scared though, it’s not going to give you a larger left leg.

I plan on doing a ze swap with nitrous, what do you all think?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Call and talk to a rep about thier products. I hear they are pretty firendly and who better to ask then the sompany who makes them.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

not sure what ur planning on doing or not but if ur open to other considerations...
Consider
Clutch Masters
SPEC
ACT

Im thinking of going with SPEC Stage 2 or 3 in my build.

Stage 2
Types of Driving: Street, Drag, Pulling, Autocross

For all mild to moderately modified naturally aspirated and power adder engines. (Also good for stock power levels and spririted driving when good daily drivability and extremely long life are the goal.) Stock-like daily drivability and EXCELLENT wear characteristics.

High clamp pressure plate, pure Kevlar friction material and high torque sprung hub and disc assembly, bearing and tool kit.
~293

Stage 3
Types of Driving: Street, Drag, Drift, Road Race, Rallye, Pulling, Autocross

For heavily modified street and race engines. Offers sufficient daily drivability with a comfortable pedal feel and quick engagement. Offers good wear characteristics under low and high stress usage.

High clamp pressure plate, 4 or 6 puck carbon semi-metallic friction with high torque sprung hub and disc assembly, bearing and tool kit. 6 puck is standard on most applications, but 4 puck can be specified when ordering.

Stage 4
Types of Driving: Drag, Drift, Road Race, Rallye, Pulling, Circle Track

For heavily modified engines or engines of any modification level being used in the above driving environments, where an instantaneous engagement and light weight are beneficial. Not street-friendly due to harsh engagement.

High clamp pressure plate, 3,4 or 6 puck carbon semi-metallic friction with high torque rigid hub and carrier assembly, bearing and tool kit.
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

How much power you looking at making man?

Has anyone ever used Fidanza clutches. I know there flywheels are really good and have my own and love it. Heard there short shifters are good too. I would assume ther clutches are good as well since they seem to be really popular now.

I have ACT stage3 street disk with heavy duty pressure plate and it holds up nicely. Its a bit of a hard pedal but I like it.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

act doesn't do stages like the other clutch makers.. i have a xtreme clutch form act i don't call it a stage 4.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “Transmissions”