Valve Dropping(Please Read if you have dropped a valve)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions

Intake or Exhaust

Intake
100%
Exhaust
No votes

Total votes: 2

MazdaNoob123

Valve Dropping(Please Read if you have dropped a valve)

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

KLZE only
Ok, its simple if you have dropped a valve and you have a KLZE motor post in the poll above if it was and intake valve or ext valve.
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

From my understand, the intake valves are the weaklink. The exhaust are not. Infact, the exhaust are the same as the KLDE intake/exhaust valves.
The intake valves are not the same.
People at Probetalk.com recommend to swap the KLDe intake valves to the KLZE intake

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread. ... 773&page=2
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:From my understand, the intake valves are the weaklink. The exhaust are not. Infact, the exhaust are the same as the KLDE intake/exhaust valves.
The intake valves are not the same.
People at Probetalk.com recommend to swap the KLDe intake valves to the KLZE intake

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread. ... 773&page=2
actually you swap klde intake springs and retainers to the klze head, not the actual valves
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

yes you only need the retainer and lock from the DE. i would recomend using Interprep valove springs or Ferea if your planning on upgrading.

There is a few ways to avoid this. Don't rev the s--- out of the motor. pulling to 7500rpm is ok but constantly hitting 8k will make them drop.More so in neutral or missing a gear since there is no looad on the engine its alot more harsh on it.

Also dropping valves only seems to happen with kl31 camed straight neck klze's since most peopel on here have slow a-- curve necks than its not an issue.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Just swap over the KLDE/K8 Valve springs, Retainer, Locks. And you only have to do the 12 intakes. As the exhaust is already setup with KLDE/K8 valvetrain.

There is several benifits to this as well over the Interpret setup.
1- Cheaper, you can get a set of KLDE/K8 vlavetrain for practically free.
2- Stronger valve springs are nice but not necesary, and will cause more wear on your cams and heads.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

I made this poll to find out if anyone had actually dropped an exhaust valve.
I know of the difference between the K8/KLDE valve train and the shity ZE valve train.
My plans are to go with Interprep springs and use my K8 valve retainers and locks...
COLT 218's
8250 RPM sounds nice, (just over 70 in second)
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
Tommy D

Post by Tommy D »

Hey, im on my second KL31 Straight Neck KLZE, my first one, you guessed it dropped a valve after a nasty breakup wth my ex, lol

It sounded like a Two Stroke after if that helps but i never looked into if it was Exhaust or Intake?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”