My LAMBO DOORS!

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
colinsmx3

My LAMBO DOORS!

Post by colinsmx3 »

OK SO just for anyones information! If you can find one of the 2 places that make a kit for the Probe well you can be like me! they are IDENTICAL!! hole for hole! I got them off my buddy with a probe! bOLTED UP FINE AND DANDY! aligning the door was a whore as it is with any kit though! but these hinges are SOLID and VERY thick! And I can open the door like a normal door!

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

wow... I like those alot... also are those sideskirts from a miata too? LOL they will look nice once you paint them...
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

nope those are the stupid fitting Scorpion sides! ahahah Yea I gotta get em painted soon! and I will try and find the company that makes the doors for the Probes.
ImageImageImage
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

WOW how much did u pay?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Tropical Emerald 1993

Post by Tropical Emerald 1993 »

is it harder to get out now?
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

OK first off GT FACTORY is the place you can get a kit for the probes/mx6!
and as for what I paid it was $450 since it was from my buddy (pretty good for one of the best kits on the market) And nope geting in and out is normal as you can see it opens enough for me to get it!
ImageImageImage
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

HOLY collin, long tiem since i saw your car(lol actually like less than 2 months) and its like a totally different car. Looks good man, now you gotta get a klze in that thing and give it some powa... message me about those harness bar things you made. i need one soon.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Come on John you know me! I work fast! ahah I cant drive a stock looking car it's just not in me!! :lol: And about the ZE.... I got something else that is on it's way! Parts have been ordered! :twisted:
ImageImageImage
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Can your door go up any higher? And can it go straight up instead of being slightly twisted out?
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

no this is not a 90 dgree kit... I hate those and think they look really funny cause the lambo actually only goes up 60 degrees! :twisted: And it has to come out on an angle or it will rub the fender and also would not alow me to use it as a normal opening door! :wink:
ImageImageImage
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Good call. Looks good the way it is and now with the side skirts on too.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

yea I will have those painted hopefully next week!
ImageImageImage
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

colinsmx3 wrote:no this is not a 90 dgree kit... I hate those and think they look really funny cause the lambo actually only goes up 60 degrees!
i didnt know that... given that, i think i'd stick with 60 deg myself. to tell the truth, i'm not a big fan of lambo doors, but its pretty badass that it opens the regular way too. very pimp. can you swing it up as carelessly as you swing a regular door out? i saw the video off the group buy, it seemed like you had to be real careful and precise with those hinges when opening and closing, which i imagine would get to be a PITA over time, everytime you needed to get in and out of your car
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

well given that video I will make my own and show you! :twisted: But honestly you get used to the way you open and close the door, like I wont let my g/f open or close the door it's just easier if I do it! And my strut is good up to 300 pounds while most are good for 150 BUT this makes it a little harder when I am closing the door so I usually bring it down then get in the car and close it BUT I have noticed on a hot day the door will go back up sometimes! ahahah makes it look motorized! :lol:
ImageImageImage
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

colinsmx3 wrote:And my strut is good up to 300 pounds while most are good for 150 BUT this makes it a little harder when I am closing the door so I usually bring it down then get in the car
LOL do you and the door combined even weigh 300 pounds?? :roll:

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”