klze questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fritzfab

klze questions

Post by fritzfab »

ok so i found a klze with a straight neck manifold , my question is when i get this engine only can i use my existing tranny from my gs and not have to worry about buying both, the guy says its a klze hes a respectable guy from a place my friend deals with he got a 300zx TT engine off of him and there were no problems but i just wanna make sure on here cuz you guys really know your stuff and i dont wanna have to lose money or time on this the engine is 799 and 170 shipped to my house heres the link

http://www.jdmenginescorp.com/index.php ... ucts_id=29

can you make sure im not getting myself into something that can be potentially bad
fritzfab

Post by fritzfab »

the guy just told mewhen i asked that the heads say kl 1a something and i know that klze engines have kl31 101 he said it had something like kl 1a does that mean its not a klze
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yes you can use the gs tranny (only if its a manual you'll blow the auto all to hell if you put a ze on it) and that looks like a ZE to me
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
fritzfab

Post by fritzfab »

ok thanks yea i called the guy like 10 times just to make sure it was a ZE lol he was kinda annoyed but yea he says he has 16 in stock so anyone wants to get a ZE nows your chance and its cheap ive been seeing them go for 1200 1300 dollars and this ones for 800 and depending on where you live at the most for US is 400 shipping to your door
fritzfab

Post by fritzfab »

and yea i have a manual tranny i just wanted to make sure i didnt need to buy the whole tranny and motor thanks again , now when i mod it do i just look up mx6 parts or is there any special sites i can look at
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

nope you dont need anything from an mx6, just use the parts of your k8 that you need
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

well he would need an IM and ECU ideally. not to say that Mnemonic is wrong, as you could use the k8 and ecu. but you would want to get it a de or millenia IM and matching ECU in the long run
fritzfab

Post by fritzfab »

ok yea i see i was plannin on getting a millenia IM and ECU when i swap the engine i just wanted to make sure of all the little things before i get started
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

true you want the IM from a DE or get a curve neck ZE or modify the straight neck to fit in. All depends on how you want your setup, but plenty of info on this site about doing all that.

fritzfab

Post by fritzfab »

well i read on here that if i got a ZE with a curved neck it was a different ZE and not the right one cuz the guy said i can choose between curved or straight because he has both but i heard on here that if it has a curved neck its a different ZE and slower if im not mistaken
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

not that much of a difference really infact:
straightneck klze cai/headers/2.5" exhaust/eurthane filled motor mounts/kl36 ecu/ignition wires/etc... a nice na setup for the klze.

Curve neck klze cai/fidanza 9lb/2.25 exhaust(from kf swap)/mazdaspeed motor mounts/kl31 ecu with vris controller.

there really about the same

fritzfab

Post by fritzfab »

im confused i thougth the KLZE would give me 200 hp and 160 ft torque not 160 hp thats why i choseto do the swap because it would be a huge jump form 135 hp of the gs and it would be a 2.5 litre and not 1.8 is that not true ?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

200bhp these numbers are whp you have 135bhp in the k8 but only really around 107ish whp. with the right setup you can get 198whp out of a klze engine but your putting a little money into it.

fritzfab

Post by fritzfab »

o ok got ya never thought about it as bhp or whp ok then yea as long as its a good move to make i wanna do the swap thanks
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

you'll love it, it makes the mx-3 a completely different car, Now i will tell you IF he has one from a mx6 with the LSD tranny i would get that one, but you have to make sure he has the axles so you can get some custom ones made (you could still get them custom made without them but its easier with them)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”