How to check the timing?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
V6Gav

How to check the timing?

Post by V6Gav »

Wanted 2 check the timing and the manual says something about shorting out 2 pins on the diagnosis thing b4 checking the timing, did this and the engine fan comes out whn i start the engine, checkd and adjusted the timing, which is 10 degrees when the pins are shorted but way off if i dnt short the pins out. Is this the correct way 2 adjust the timing?

also just 2 check, no1 cylinder is the back left one yes? when looking at the engine frm the front of the car
£125 V6, be on the road sooooooooon!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

One thing to know, if your HVAC is off and you have the car in diag mode....

If your fan comes on when the car is in the "ON" position, your TPS is probably out of adjustment.

The pins must be jumped from TEN to GND when timing is adjusted.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

weird thing tho..., when we jump ten and ground.. we cant get the fan to turn on at all.. no matter how we move the tps. Maybe its a bad tps? The fan itself turns on when car warms up. I did notice his engine is SUPER hot compared to mine.. You touch it and you burn your hand. However I dont think thats the problem.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

jump from TEN to GND..
OPen your TB.. see if it comes on

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”