Went lapping at Pacific Raceway.

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Whisper

Went lapping at Pacific Raceway.

Post by Whisper »

Felt good to be on a real racetrack and open it up all the way. So much fun. Tough track, especially on the brakes, due to heavy elevation changes. The smell of brakes cooking was always there.

I haven't done the swap yet, so I was running stock 1.8, no mods aside from springs and struts, 2.5" exhaust, and lightweight 15" wheels with some new G-force KDWs. Just my daily driver setup.

Didn't go very fast, maybe hit 100mph on the main straight a couple of times, but zipping around the turns was great. These tires are so good! They're great for daily driving, but once they warmed up on the track, they just kept sticking and sticking, couldn't break the car loose.

My suspension wasn't in the best shape, and from what I understand my CV joints probably need replacement, so I held back a bit for the most part, and just worked on technique and consistency instead, but it was still awesome.

Was a hot day, too, so I burned my face walking around in between sessions. Hehe.

No pics, though. Didn't have anyone to take them.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone here. Forget the drags and autocross, this is the real deal and it blows away everything else.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Which club did you go with? All the clubs I saw required tworacing classes before doing a HPDE on your own. I wanna go. Next one you hear about, let me know and I'll come down. I've done the swap, and I'll even let you run a session in my car to see what the swap will do for you.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

IRDC. I did their performance driving school.

I think their next lapping event is in Bremerton. I might go to that one, but I'm trying to go to PR again either with Alfa Club on the 26th or Speedware next month. It will depend on whether or not the swap is done in time, and on whether or not they'll actually let me come. I don't have a racing license yet, only a certificate.
ogtff

track

Post by ogtff »

what track is that ? the road or drag
I could not hook up on the drag, smoked tires way to much
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It is addictive. Ask around the club you went with. Surely someone took some pics. Do the classes cost much. I've been to enough track days that I cna usualy get a waiver if classes are necessary, but they usually make me ride with an instructor first to get the ok.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Whisper

Re: track

Post by Whisper »

ogtff wrote:what track is that ? the road or drag
It has both.

http://www.pacificraceways.com/
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

PATDIESEL wrote:Do the classes cost much.
yeah how much does it cost to get started doing this?
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

It depends on who you go with. Different clubs/schools charge differently.

I paid $250 for a two day school with IRDC (one day ground school, and one day on track with instructor).

However, the Pacific Raceway's own one day ProFormance School costs twice as much.
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

:D i cant wait to get my car fixed. I keep telling my self im gonna do it, hell by now im gonna have to go to the junk yard to get some parts i probably lost(nothing 2 important). And am going to have to have someone send me Pics of vacuum lines.
Unless someone wants to come help me do the swap(be a few more months atleast)
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

MazdaNoob123 wrote::D i cant wait to get my car fixed. I keep telling my self im gonna do it, hell by now im gonna have to go to the junk yard to get some parts i probably lost(nothing 2 important). And am going to have to have someone send me Pics of vacuum lines.
Unless someone wants to come help me do the swap(be a few more months atleast)
The vacuum isn't brain surgery. I don't know why people sweat it. Vaccum is vacuum. Hook up everything that requires vacuum one way or another. If you end up with an extra vacuum nipple on the manifold, plug it. If you don't have enough, use a vacuum splitter.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”