BP swap question

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
facko

BP swap question

Post by facko »

everythings been going smoothly so far but the only problem ive run into that i hadnt heard anything about is with the lil brace that holds the axle that mounts to the block...sorry if thats a crappy description...but the bolts seem to be in a different spot on the BP block than the b6d. if i get the mount bolted into the spot on the BP block the axle doesnt go into the tranny all the way...am i missing something obvious or is there some work to be done here?
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

are you using the G-series tranny?
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

ARe u going from B6 to a BP and are still useing ur orginal F-series trans.

IF so which engine did u have the sohc or dohc.

If u have the dohc then the halfshaft won't bolt up to the BP block ur going to have to use the passenger side axles from the sohc mx-3 in order to make it work.

im if im off the subject then disregruad what im saying. i had a very long night and im just waking up. LOL
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
facko

Post by facko »

lol na u were right on, i must have missed that when i was reading up on my swap stuff :( and sorry for not clarifying i an going from dohc to bp with the stock tranny...so the search for a half shaft begins
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

ur going to have to give up the halfshaft and use the very long single axle that comes from the 92-93 sohc MX-3.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
facko

Post by facko »

yea i figured that out when i started looking for the part :P got one ordered last night so hopefully it wont take to long to get here...sucks to wait tho cuz only things left to put on it are the battery, intake, and bolt up some exhaust then it Should start right up...should being the key word

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”