Mx3optidrive's turbo BP build (bodywork and NEW PAINT done!)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
mx3optidrive

Mx3optidrive's turbo BP build (bodywork and NEW PAINT done!)

Post by mx3optidrive »

Here is the kit that I ordered from http://importperformanceparts.net/

Shot of the whole kit

Oil pump

83.5mm, 8.5:1 compression pistons

Bearings and random gasket kits

Timing belt and HKS SSQV bov

Still getting the final parts together. Here is what I got in the last little while.

Innovate Wideband O'2 sensor and controller

Walbro 255lph HP and in tank kit

Precision 780cc injectors

80A polyfilled motor mounts

Turbo manifold with external wastegate, from ETDracing.com in Toronto

Spec Stage 3 clutch

Intercooler piping (2.5" mandrel bent)

Exhaust piping (3" mandrel bent)

Exhaust stuff

3" in/out Flowmaster Deltaflow 50 series muffler

Turbo flange for the downpipe

3" in/out Flexpipe

3" in/out highflow cat

3" in/out resonator

Comparing the intercooler (2.5") pipes and the exhaust (3") pipes

Laptop and standalone ECU (Megasquirt N' Spark)

I will try to keep it updated better than I did.
Last edited by mx3optidrive on July 19th, 2011, 5:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Cy

Post by Cy »

MSC.com FTW

I post here 2 slacka
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Wow, that looks like quite the build lol, more pics!
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Mailman was here today......wait, I am the mailman. LOL. These came in today, Turbo cams from a BPT. I also took a pic of the 26 stamp proving they are from the BP26.

Now I am just waiting on the H-beam rods and my waterpump.

Getting close, and I think I can see the light at the end of this tunnel.
10secSim

Re: Mx3optidrive's turbo BP build

Post by 10secSim »

It's looking very good, keep it up.
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Well a small update. I sent the bottom end to R & D Performance to get balanced, and clearances checked and to assemble.

I also got my new HLA's and timing belt tensioner and idler in the mail last week.

I ordered my ARP headstuds from IPP today and they should be here later this week or early next week. I will then send the head to R & D to get installed along with the rest of the random parts I have left here.

I just need my GTR intake and the motor will be totally reassembled.

I will try to keep this updated more frequent until completion of my project. I think I have a lot to do before april if I want to drive the car this year. :welder:

Jeff
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Well the ARP head studs came in on Monday, got here in NS, Canada in 3 days from NH. IPP only charged me $18 for shipping and the actual shipping cost was $29.25 and they didn't ask for more money. I like companies like this, they take a small profit loss to keep the customer happy.

I didn't get it to the engine shop yet, because it was snowing the last couple days and it is an hour away and I don't want to risk anything. As soon as the roads are clear, I will be taking it to the shop and hopefully the motor will be assembled by the end of January.

Jeff
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Well, went to drop off the head and cams and random parts to the engine shop, so I snapped some pics of the bottom end. I also got the wrong expansion plugs in the engine kit, well it was the right part # just wrong plugs, so as soon as I get them the bottom end will be done and by the end of the week, the topend should be on it and it should be on its way back to my place. I just have to order the GTR intake now so I can finish the assembly. I am going to paint the block when I get it back so don't mind the color of the block, it was hot tanked.

Jeff
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

u know that u don't have to use that bp UDP u can use the pulleys from the dohc and sohc MX-3 they will bolt up to the BP..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Actually, it isn't an UDP, although it does look like it in the pics. It must be just the angle that I took them on because that pulley is the stock one from a BP that I bought the entire crank assembly from BPT323 from Club Protege.

I don't think there is any sense running an UDP on a boosted motor. I would rather spend my money on an lsd or adjustable cam gears.

Jeff
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

mx3optidrive wrote:Actually, it isn't an UDP, although it does look like it in the pics. It must be just the angle that I took them on because that pulley is the stock one from a BP that I bought the entire crank assembly from BPT323 from Club Protege.

I don't think there is any sense running an UDP on a boosted motor. I would rather spend my money on an lsd or adjustable cam gears.

Jeff
i didn't mean a after market UPD i know that, that pulley is from a BP

i mean u don't have to use that crank pulley (since u misunderstood UDP)

since the bp pulleys use two different belts a v-belt and a serpentine

and the sohc and dohc pulleys both use a serpentine and , the crank the water pump pulley and u can still use ur mx-3 alt. will bolt up to the BP

thats what i meant

i have a UPD on my bp setup but thats because i set it up that way due to clearance issues i had with the stock crank pulley.. i have a crank trigger wheel kit on top of a UDP..
Last edited by Limegreen mx-3 on January 20th, 2008, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

I already sold my RS engine, actually about 3-3.5 years ago. I am still going to use my alt, since I had mine rebuilt to a 140amp alt. Thanks for the info though. I might have to find some pulleys to replace that one.
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

mx3optidrive wrote:I already sold my RS engine, actually about 3-3.5 years ago. I am still going to use my alt, since I had mine rebuilt to a 140amp alt. Thanks for the info though. I might have to find some pulleys to replace that one.
there u go just pull off a crank pulley and water pump pulley from any 4cly Mx-3 at the junk yard and u'll be able to use ur 140amp alt.

good to help u out i don't like the V-belt
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Ordered my GTR intake mani from Corksport today and should be here next week.

I am still waiting for my proper frost plugs and one hla to get here so I can take the engine home again.

Starting to put the car back together this week. I have a pretty big list before the engine goes back in, but at least it will keep me busy until I get it back.

Jeff
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Well my HLA and frost plugs are finally here and will be dropped off tomorrow at R&D and hopefully I will get the engine home next week.

My GTR intake manifold is now in BC clearing customs. I figure it should be here around the same time I get the enigne back.

No work on the car yet this week because I am still making room for it in the garage and insullating the place before I put the car in again. I also had pipes freeze in the house when I was away and broke in 6 places. Not what I wanted to come home to.
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”