Fixed, its running now

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
1992blazeredgs

Fixed, its running now

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I just put a rebuilt klde into my mx3 and it wont turn over. All i get is a click. The battery had a constant 12.5 volts, and i never had any problems with the starter or solenoid before the swap. Which leads me to believe i have a bad connection somewhere. One big thing that i cant remember, is where does the negative battery wire bolt to the engine?? I think that is a big part of my problem.

I tried adding a few more grounds and that didnt help. As for stock ground locations, i have one on the back of the intake manifold, one on the motor mount on the passenger side, and one on the tranny, which is also where i have the negative wire from the battery grounded currently. Am i missing any other grounds?

I have battery positive voltage of 12.5 at the starter and it still wont turn. Tomorrow i will test to see if i have enough voltage with the key in the start position.

Nate
Last edited by 1992blazeredgs on July 1st, 2007, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for another Red GS.
ssmog

Post by ssmog »

Although your battery is reading 12.5 that is sometimes not enough, I have had cases where I needed 13.6 in order to engage the starter. Try getting a boost from somebody or if you have a battery charger with engine start, use that.

If that does not work tyr the live connection on the solenoid as that may be your problem. Or, possibly even jumping the terminals on the solenoid itself with a screw driver, if you get a spark or the solenoid engages then you will not it's not a poor conenction.
Commit yourself to a Psychiatric hospital before the rest your sanity disappears, and you are strapped in a chair, fed mushy peas with a rubber spoon with only your tortured fantasies for comfort....

ssmog
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I tried moving some of my ground around and now it doesnt even click. I also tried jumping it and nothing. I crossed the terminals on the solenoid and it sparked and than started smoking at the positive terminal on the battery. I just had the battery and starter tested and they both passed. Some help would be great. Anybody??????

Nate
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

FINALLY, ITS RUNNNING. Such a great feeling. Took a wire brush to all my ground and my battery terminals and it turned over great. Let it crank over for about 30 seconds to build up fuel pressure and oil circulate, and than i hooked up my plug wires, and it took about 1/2 a second to fire right up. Revs up great, idles pretty smooth. I cant wait to start enjoying this motor.

Nate

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”