jamesmx3

show me where the .... is?

Post by jamesmx3 »

i need to find the following in my engine bay:

Heat sink
coil pack
horn
thermostat housing

i have a b6ze engine, dont know if that makes a difference to the positions of these parts.

thanks
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Well you wont see a coil pack on your ride cause the coil is built into the distributor. Lame idea too... probably mitsushitsi's idea. Dunno about the heat sink.. as for the thermostat housing.. follow the hoses from the radiator to the engine. One of the hoses will connect to a bulbous looking thing made of aluminum. that is the thermostat housing. The horn is located under one of the fenders up front. since your right hand drive.. and dunno which one they would have it under LOL

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

its a b6, the coil is NOT in the distributer... but if you fallow the wire comming out of the center of the distributer it will go to the coil.

wich is located near the battery.

- Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

its a b6, the coil is NOT in the distributer... but if you fallow the wire comming out of the center of the distributer it will go to the coil. wich is located near the battery.
Thats only on the SOHC B6 engines. From 92-93 North American cars. The DE & ZE B6 engines are DOHC and DO have the coil in the distributor. Check the shop manual if you doubt it.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

Tunes67 wrote:
its a b6, the coil is NOT in the distributer... but if you fallow the wire comming out of the center of the distributer it will go to the coil. wich is located near the battery.
Thats only on the SOHC B6 engines. From 92-93 North American cars. The DE & ZE B6 engines are DOHC and DO have the coil in the distributor. Check the shop manual if you doubt it.

Tunes67
my bad.
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
jamesmx3

Post by jamesmx3 »

thanks guys

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”