Codes

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Slickjr09

Codes

Post by Slickjr09 »

I have two codes, one is 04 'NE1' which i know is the camshaft/crankshaft position sensor, but what is that, what does it do and where it is located, i dont have the other code with me i forget it, but i will post it up as soon as i go home, thanks
1992 Automatic Mazda MX-3 GS
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It is the cam sensor in the disty, or the crank sensor down by the crank shaft. I think the ECU has two codes, one for each, but the manual calls both sensors a cam position sensor. Check and clean the crank sensor before buying a new one. You can also test each of them to make sure they are opperating properly, but the testing procedure is tricky. I would take it to a mechanic if you realy just need to test them before you buy one. However, at 60 bucks and hour diagnosis time for a mechanic the part starts looking alot cheaper to just buy and replace hoping you get the right one. If the cam sensor is the one that is bad, you have to replace the whole disty as I don't think they sell just the sensor inside the disy.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Slickjr09

Post by Slickjr09 »

where is the crank sensor located, and how do i clean it
1992 Automatic Mazda MX-3 GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”