which engines will fit my car....

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mazda_mx3r

which engines will fit my car....

Post by mazda_mx3r »

hey guys i was wondering which engines, are direct fitment for my 93 mazda mx3 1.6 5 speed rs? Meaning nothing else has to be done,and where can i find a cheap engine? thanx
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

unfortunately all engines for the mx-3 expired. If you'd like to continue using your mx-3, you'll have to unmount the engine and only travel down hill.

otherwise, there is a fun section called "FAQ's" that supply ample information.

and there is a fun search function as well. type in such entertaining words such as "motor AND swap" or the like.

There is a SuperK Licensing Fee that is also coming into effect very soon and applies to all MX-3's. It's a small fee $ALOT.00 which can be transferred to my paypal account.
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

^-- :laugh:

direct fit with nothing else needed...Another stock 1.6l 4cyl will swap right in, pretty much bolt-in and go. But seriously, since you have an RS model, any of the B6 or BP mazda motors are viable...and depending on how deep your pockets are, I'm sure a rotary will fit no problem :2thumbsup: :lol:

SuperK is right though, try a quick search and check the FAQ's tons of info to be found.
:D
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
macwarrior

Post by macwarrior »

Nothing else?
Like, you unbolt the old engine and bolt in the new one?

The only motor that will work that way is another 1.6 DOHC.

However, you can get away pretty cleanly with just about any other B6 or BP series engine.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”