corvette oil filtered ZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PWRD_BY_HKS

corvette oil filtered ZE

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

So I notices a lot of the dudes on probe talk have swapped to a corvette oil filter. Any body know what the deal with that is. What advantages or disadvantages.
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Its bigger therefore more filtering element. I personally go with the white k&n filter and it seems to do the trick. Its a bit bigger than stock i believe and part number is s1010 i think.. Autozone has it for 10 dllrs.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Cy

Post by Cy »

At crappy tire in motomaster(K&N made) the number is like 1497 or something like that...if you look at the next number up it's an inch longer and it fits....I run that one...no real reason that i know of ... i still change it out every 3000-4000K anyways...

I run this time round...QuakerState Full-Synthetic 5-30

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”