KLZE problems please help soon

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Suresperance

KLZE problems please help soon

Post by Suresperance »

i got my ZE running but its pulling codes .... one is TPS and one is EGR. i have no idea how to set the TPS (i replaced it and it did nothing) and i have no idea how to hook up the EGR so please help me soon i need to get it running 100% before the weekend.
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

also after being run for a half hour to fourty five mins it will stall out but it will run GREAT untill then and purr like a kitten. it feels like its running really hot but the temp guage is right where its supposed to be. im so freaking lost
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

The only way to eliminate the EGR code, is to take off the k8's egt and hook it up and leave it hanging or safely put it on the side. Code will be erased. kl31 ecus or kl36 dont have it. Probinator chip doesnt give ytou acel but it gives you the code. I hooked mine to the harness and code went away.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

okay what do you mean egt? and i have the two solenoids hooked up to the harnesses but no vacuum hoses hooked to it and its still pulling a code ... could i have the harnesses reversed. also how do i take care of the tps. and if i switch to a kl31 or 36 ecu it will run better and help solve my prob? thanks hector i appreciate your help
ho bag

Post by ho bag »

Why not just hook it up properly? I bolted my K8 egr onto my ZE head and it functions perfect!

These motor run hot, its just the way it is, That why people buy spacers and such to help keep the manifold cool, there is alot of heat in there.

Also there is a post in the vaq on setting the TPS.

Have fun
2002 Mazda Protege5 (Turbo kit 75% complete)
1996 Mazda MX-3 Gs KL-ZE
1994 Mazda MX-3 Rs (BP-T?)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”