Another One Is gone!

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
mx3grlsikride

Another One Is gone!

Post by mx3grlsikride »

So...4 years after babying my ride and putting all my time and money into her...this is how she ends up :cry: It happened Sunday morning at 9am on my way to Summer Fever, the car show that I organized. I was cruising down the 401 east towards Mccowan Rd Exit..4 lane hwy....I was all the way in the left and there was a Red Expedition in the right. I saw him signal but I didnt think twice about it since there were 2 empty lanes between us. Next thing I know the Expedition comes all the way across the 4 lanes of hwy into my lane....I swerved to the right to avoid him but last second he saw me to and he swerved into the right as well..I then swerved to the left and lost control...I hit the medium on the Left and did a few 360's to end up on the right shoulder sandwiched in the guardrail facing the wrong way on the 401. I skidded 53 feet from where my second impact was on the right guardrail. My rims buckled and were crunched underneath the guardrail. Thank goodness, I have a few aches and bruises but nothing serious. My main concern was my car....It is a write off...the whole underbody was damaged because apparently a witnedd claims that at one point my car was on 2 tires with the underbody scrapping on the guardrail then it dropped on thats how all the side damage occured. On top of that...after the car got towed...the whole control arm snapped completely and a rim fell off at the impound. In the pics it doesnt like as bad as it really was. Here are some pictures. So as it stands right now, the ccar is a write off...I will be buying it back so I can part out the car. I have no other real options at this point. Also I dont have alot I can part with besides the interior. Another thing with all that damage there wasnt a scratch on my hood :) I will now live my Carbon Fibre....This process will obviously take awhile but if theres interest in any parts let me know. I dont want to keep the car around for long. Bad memories now.

WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

OMG....that sucks..I would of cried my eyes out over that. Well glad there is no one hurt.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
havoc13

Post by havoc13 »

i texted u i saw ur car on the side of the road facing east in the westbound lanes! Are u alright melissa? whats going to happen with it?
Always under construction
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I don't even know what to say... that totally blows... :shock: at least you are still alive!!!

I am interested in the rear lower valence under the back bumper... and maybe the rs spoiler... but how much would shipping be to memphis,tn, usa 38115?
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

I'm in some pain..nothing major but stiff as hell. Alex ~ I got ur msg but I forgot about it til you just reminded me...Sorry about that....Ya it was a scary experience and trust me...I didnt cry until after I got out of the car (through the passenger door) and saw the damage on my car. I went a lil hysterical when I saw it hahah...poor witness had to deal with me snapping about my car. Mooneggs - I will get back to you.
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

did u try buffin it out? lol
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Aww Melissa .. I'm teary-eyed now because we could have lost you......

Take care ok.

Huggs

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
Sal

Post by Sal »

sorry to hear...good thing that your're alive and well. it wont be the same now not seeing ur car parked at timmies at kennedy commons :P. hope u decide to get another one. take care n good luck!!

im interested in the clear signal lights and the clear side marker lights all four of them...let me know thx.
93 ZE curve neck, kl36 ecu, apex lowring springs tokico struts front and rear upper strut bars and a CAI.. still building!!
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Good thing ure alright a car is just a car! atleast you can build a new one!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

that really blows....i'm sorry for u'r loss.
you could put some parts on u'r V6 tho, esspecially the hood, save some weight for the track.
i'd be interested in those rear panels tho, since you already got them vynled, it would just be a matter of me customizing them for my car.

bring u'r V6 out to MMM-X tho, ok?
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Sorry to hear about your loss, those pictures are painful to look at. Glad you are ok though, I know you loved the car but being alive and ok is the most important thing. Such a shame though that the car had to go like that with it being in such mint condition.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Man, that was such a nice MX-3. Sorry to hear about it, but glad you are ok. The MX-3 holds the passangers well so I am not suprised that you are not seriously injured. Good luck with whatever you buy next and drop by from time to time to say hello.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

OMG that sucks! I'm glad to hear your ok though. I know it hurts to see your baby go but now you'll get to start something new!
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

WOW.

Good to hear you walked away from that.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
Red Rocket

Post by Red Rocket »

Really sorry to hear about your accident, you have one of the nicest mx-3 Ive ever seen. Let me know what is salvagable from the bodykit, and your hood if your parting with that.
[*url=http:cardomain.com/ride/2632839]My Cardomain Page[/url*]

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”