Well now how did this happen

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
chew*

Well now how did this happen

Post by chew* »

Installed my 2 new 2500 watt amps and during testing in the hot sun I cracked the windshield. So I'm guessing that its definitely louder. Will find out this weekend for sure.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

LOL, post a pic of that- it should be your sig too :lol:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
chew*

Post by chew* »

I'll take a pic after the competition saturday, should be really spider webbed by then. You can mod the pic if you want and ill add it as my sig :)
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Would you need me to mod it? I am not a photoshop guy. Perry (AtlMX3) does all that kind of work for me.
That last sentance sounds like I demand it of him. He is nice enough to try what I ask when I need something.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
chew*

Post by chew* »

yah im not to keen on size requirements and photo shop for sigs. I know how to turn the pc on though :)
chew*

Post by chew* »

finally snapped a picture............been very very busy......

onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

LOL
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

woah man LOL how loud were you cranking them?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

WOW that's amazing... I wonder why it only cracked the front and not the rear also?
chew*

Post by chew* »

Well this car is used for SPL competitions, It hit 159db that day on an older meter which is equivalent to about 153db on meters used today. This was with a single 15 there's quite a few threads in this forum about this mx-3...........

The way the system is designed the back hatch is actually a virtual port and although the spl is higher in the "port" back hatch, tempered glass (which the hatch glass is made of) is alot stronger than the windshield glass. It will most likely blow the seam out of the rear window before it shatters it unless the seam came loose and the glass actually vibrated on the surrounding metal frame.......

Anyway its designed to compress the bass in the cargo area and then release it forward, as you can see the brunt of the pressure is rather high and in the center, the next step is to control the pressure release and try to direct it at the passenger side lower part of the windshield where the meter is located..........Should net higher db if i can achieve that........
chew*

Post by chew* »

this is for pat if it worked...........sig applied i think...... LMK if it worked......
got db's? If your windshield ain't breakin you were taken.........
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

"got db's? If your windshield ain't breakin you were taken........."

:lol: ..I like that-^
Best of luck in hitting some higher numbers!
:D
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”