Toyota cavalier

Off-Topic Discussions
lowflyinmx3

Toyota cavalier

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

Ok so i know I shouldn't mention anything other than mazda but I'm curious. I like toyota's (celica) but I am hard pressed to believe that toyota makes a cavalier. Please tell me that some punk teenager just slapped a toyota emblem on there and the seller don't know what he's talking about.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVROLE ... dZViewItem
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

The third generation model was briefly sold in Japan by Toyota, under a company agreement with GM, badged as the Toyota Cavalier, with some notable differences. Besides the fact that it was right hand drive, the Toyota Cavalier also featured a leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel, wider front fenders, Japanese legal taillights (with amber turn signals, per Japanese regulations), power folding rear mirrors, side turn signal repeater lights on the front fenders, and carpeting on the inside of the trunk lid. Interior seats were often flecked with color. Rear seat was folding. The Toyota Cavalier was entirely produced by GM in the USA and delivered fair sales from 1995 to 2000.

A fair number of these vehicles are re-exported as Japanese used cars, most notably to New Zealand.

--got that from wikipedia...I also heard about the toyota cavaliers from a good friend of mine that was big into J-bodies back in 2000.
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

ding ding ding.

It was hard for me to beleive when I first heard it too.

It is true, though.

:wink:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Mazda also made the Geo tracker in Japan
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

I remember making a similar post a couple of years ago and I was also shocked to find this out :?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Toyota Matrix = Pontiac Vibe
Toyota Corolla (E80) = Chevrolet/Geo Prism
Toyota Corolla (E90) = Chvrolet Nova

Look up New United Motor Manufacturing (NUMMI)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Lol, I didn't know that. Too bad Toyota's name is going to be haunted by that now...
I like the Celica's too and have owned two of them, a 94' and a 00'. We still have the 00' and it has been a good car, but the 94' was WAY more fun. Too bad it had 180K miles and so I sold it to my 17 yr old Bro for a college car. Only ever had one prob with the 94 too. A busted disty that cost about 300 to diagnose and replace. A great car. If I could find one with low milage I would buy another one as a new DD.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

my buddy just picked up a 94 celica with 103k on it. its a nice car i still like my MX-3 way better tho.
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I remember when I wanted to sell my MX3 for a Celica. LOL was I stupid
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:I remember when I wanted to sell my MX3 for a Celica. LOL was I stupid
Should have done it.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

solo_ryder wrote:
Juans_93_MX3 wrote:I remember when I wanted to sell my MX3 for a Celica. LOL was I stupid
Should have done it.
It was for a 90-99 Celica. Somewhere in that generation. It was before they got the new look.

Celicas look really good but the aftermarket support is trash. The stock engine is a POS and engine swaps are in PITA because you also have to change mounts, wiring and pretty much everything

You can make a KLZE MX3 or BPT for ALOT LESS CHEAPER and faster
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

The 94-99 was the generation I just sold. As for the engines they are awesome class leading engines. Where do you get that they are crap? They make great power and torque for their size and last an incredably long time. The newest Celica engine is the weakest yet (mechanically and power wise), but still a decent motor and most of the issues were fixed in post 2001 models. The swaps are not that hard since there is only one real swap to the GT4 engine. Yes it requires a ECU, harness and mounts, but none of it is custom and all bolts up. The GT4 motor puts out 240 HP and about the same tq from a 1.8L- kick a-- if you ask me. Tune it some and get alot more than that. The MX is my first love, but the Celica is still a good car.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

solo_ryder wrote:
Should have done it.

hahahah Nice burn! :twisted:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

PATDIESEL wrote:The 94-99 was the generation I just sold. As for the engines they are awesome class leading engines. Where do you get that they are crap? They make great power and torque for their size and last an incredably long time. The newest Celica engine is the weakest yet (mechanically and power wise), but still a decent motor and most of the issues were fixed in post 2001 models. The swaps are not that hard since there is only one real swap to the GT4 engine. Yes it requires a ECU, harness and mounts, but none of it is custom and all bolts up. The GT4 motor puts out 240 HP and about the same tq from a 1.8L- kick a-- if you ask me. Tune it some and get alot more than that. The MX is my first love, but the Celica is still a good car.
As far as boosting the stock engine I heard its crap from some people at 2 Celica forums.
The rods would break esily or something like that

I heard there is more to do then mounts, wiring, ect. I remember someone telling me that it would need some fabricating.

Maybe I got a bad impression out of the 2 Celica forums that I visited, espically since there were only like 6 people in total that actually done that swap.

Otherwise, Celicas are nice a-- looking cars.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS

Return to “Off-Topic”