Does the mx3 have the immobiliser the probe has as well?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3biotch

Does the mx3 have the immobiliser the probe has as well?

Post by mx3biotch »

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/michael.cr ... ex1024.htm

I'm curious if this could be my problem as my car will start fine, then run, heat up and quit on me the same as this guy's is.

I still havnt figured it out, its been a month and a half without drivin the mx3 and im going insane you guys, lol.

Another question... Im wondering if my anti-theft is malfunctioning, but isnt the anti-theft in the mx3 only for the audio system? Apparantly a shop here in town had a car with the same symptoms as mine, they spent 3 days on it and one guy thought hey... and removed the anti-theft system and it ran fine from then on..turned out it was lettin the car start but shutting it off after a short while...

Any comments are appreciated!

Also, when I did the HEI mod, i didnt disable the old ICM cuz the instructions didnt tell me how, so how do you do that? lol
94 GS, J-spec KLZE, KL31 ECU, KL31 Cams, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel/Clutch, Custom CAI with K&N, NGK Plugs/Wires, Phenolic Thermoblock Spacers, Custom Magnaflow 2" Exhaust, Custom Titanium Paint, Carbon Fiber Altezzas, 16" Miata Wheels, Crossed Drilled Rotors w/Silver Calipers, Tint, Ground Control/Tockiko Suspension, Ground Control Rear Strut Bar, 6 Point Roll Cage, Corbeau CR2 Seats, Sparco 3 Point Harness, MOMO steering wheel/drifting e-brake/shifter, mx3 door sills/pedals, Carbon Fiber dash inserts, Silver vinyl door insterts, JBL power series 6.5" front components/4x6 rear components, 4 channel amp, infinity 10" self powered sub, JVC 2.5" DVD/Mp3 Player.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

The Bosch immobiliser fitted to UK Ford Probes
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
mx3biotch

Post by mx3biotch »

yea, i kinda got that, but is there maybe something like it in the mx3? thats my question
94 GS, J-spec KLZE, KL31 ECU, KL31 Cams, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel/Clutch, Custom CAI with K&N, NGK Plugs/Wires, Phenolic Thermoblock Spacers, Custom Magnaflow 2" Exhaust, Custom Titanium Paint, Carbon Fiber Altezzas, 16" Miata Wheels, Crossed Drilled Rotors w/Silver Calipers, Tint, Ground Control/Tockiko Suspension, Ground Control Rear Strut Bar, 6 Point Roll Cage, Corbeau CR2 Seats, Sparco 3 Point Harness, MOMO steering wheel/drifting e-brake/shifter, mx3 door sills/pedals, Carbon Fiber dash inserts, Silver vinyl door insterts, JBL power series 6.5" front components/4x6 rear components, 4 channel amp, infinity 10" self powered sub, JVC 2.5" DVD/Mp3 Player.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I still think you may have a problem with your ignition module.
Cody
mx3biotch

Post by mx3biotch »

I honestly am getting so frustrated! I even went out and bought a friggin Land Rover for a second vehicle, got a good deal on it, lol, so at least i have wheels to get to work now. But does anyone know how to tell me how I can disable the old Ignition Control Module? Maybe I'll try a new ICM but the hei i wired in was grounded to the battery so I dont think its fried. I'll also try the blaster coil next week but does anyone think it could possibly be something in my ECU?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”